Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched to advanced program but not prelim. year. - samsum68
I am an old IMG matched to an advanced neurology program but not prelim. year.I already contacted PD but not much help.emailed all the programs that offer transitional or prelim. year but the one who is replying is full.I feel I am losing my precious match,what else can be done.Any help or advice is highly appreciated.I also feel there was a problem in SOAP,as there was no way to let programs know that I had a secured advanced position!!!
my email is samsum68
sorry to hear that...hope u can find something...keep trying...u never know. ask ur program over and over and over!...can u find someone link or contact or some at ur program who can talk to ur pd to help u out?

just thinking to do all u can and leave the rest with God or destiny and pray over it.i cant think of more.
ur ....xyz....pd is the best one who can real help u ...if no...it is unfortunate...sometimes pds risk it to give advanced slots to fmgs and dont help them with prelim...their thinking s that if the fmg is competetive, he/she must get a prelim....and if not, then they prfer to get an amg who is huntin late...my frnd had the same situation...feels like they throw u inside a lion cage and enjoy it..coz they knw we are less likely to make it...and how if we can make it....to me, dat program seems shit and not frndly to do such. gl with all...hope u get in a better program.
Thank you mery.I will keep trying.
did u try ty in Lincoln medical in bronx new york, it is new program , you can call program director Dr. Kanna
anyone plz !!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »