Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signed Prematch - adeem77
Hi guys,
Signed prematch today with Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey. Good luck to all of you.
congrats buddy..... now time to enjoy....... this will be the only christmas in coming 3-5 years, in which you will be totally free.... ENJOY AT YOUR BEST........ and also DO PRAY FOR US TOO.....

congrats once again........
congratulations.......enjoy
Congratulations!!!!! & best of luck for future.
Thanks guys. Cant be any more happier than I am now. Culmination of 8 years of hard work ( 4 undergrad and 4 years of med school). Any comments on how is the program. Just want to get opinion from what others think about this program.
Congratulations. It has got all the fellowships........pretty good pre-match
Congrats!
Happy holidays

CONGRATULATIONS. pLease can you answer a few qs based on your knowledge?

1.did they offer prematch on the same day?if not than after how many days? Please also share your creds and what exactly do you think made you unique in order to be offered a prematch.

2.of the pgms calls for second look does it mean a prematch?Will they still rank you if you donot go for second look?

3. Do pgms usually tell you if they are going to rank you high.

Thanks and all the best. I will appreciate if you can take time out to answer these qs based on your own and expereinces of people you know.Thanks once again.
1) They offered us prematch when their committe sat during mid-December and after I have sent a thank you letter to them. They offered me prematch about 2 weeks after my interview. On the day of interview they asked me if i would be interested in prematch, and I said yes.
2) Second look doesnt mean prematch, it may mean that they may rank highly. For example, I went to Allegheny and they said they do sign outside the match and wanted to know if I would be interested, and I said Yes to said. I then sent a thank you letter to program director in which i requested that i would like to prematch, but he never even replied to my email.
3) Programs may tell u that they will rank you high, but dont be living in dreamworld. These days you cant take anything for granted.

Beth Israel although community program university affiliated has all the fellowships, especially its called the HEART HOSPITAL of NJ, with 62 transplants being done in 2004, and about 600 in all which puts it in top 10 hospitals in terms of cardiac transplants. Then you have Marc Cohen, the guy who is considered as the pioneer of LOVENOX. Then they do the highest number of Renal transplants in the tri-state area. They have 3 cardio fellowships including one interventional cardio, 1 renal, hem-onc, ID, and 2 pulmonary/critical care fellowships, with geriatrics fellowship to be started from 2006. So the fact that there are 15 interns in a year and about 8 of their 3rd year residents getting fellowships this year tells you all about the program. Plus it is affiliated with Mount Sinai, and consistently for the last 4 years they have placed one resident or the other at Sinai for either Rheum, Geriatrics, Endocrine or ID. In short, I believe i have made a good and a safe decision. Good luck to all of you. I will withdraw from the match and will cancel my interviews.
congrats man.....u have found for wut u have been struggling.....
Do u have interview at umkc....if u wann acancel let me know...
thanks take care..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »