Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just finished it! :)) - malik1223
a simple idea to start with: guys and girls, set whatever preconception you have about step1 aside! its a much simpler exam than what we all think! thats a fact, I used not to believe anyone who says that when i used to read exam experiences, but it turned out to be true!

most questions were testing general understanding.. they dont go deep into stuff as i used to think! questions are very much alike nbmes! so make sure you do those! or at least, do couple of them before your test, to know where you stand, and to get used to the questions!

I will comfortably say that the questions were easier than UW!

how to prepare for the test? make sure you know your kaplan notes very well.. study them one, twp, three times or as much as it takes you to feel that you grasped on the ideas, then put them aside and do QUESTIONS!! any questions source is good to make you learn how to connect ideas, cuz thats what the test is about! the ones that are more alike the test as i said are nbmes! followed by UW!

Good luck to all of you forum members.. and will see you in CK forum!
congrats malik Smile good luck !!!
thanks sharing ur thoughts Smile)
did u do first aid before u took the exam?? and how was ur nbme 12 score?

Congratulation for finishing this tough task.How did you manage your time?
Wow, Malik, i felt exactly like you said...hard to believe when you hear people saying "it wasnt that hard", it makes me feel they understimate it as soon as they passed...but YOU SAY THA SAME thing as weel AND YOU EXPLAIN IT MORE, so now i wonder...i should hurry up and do tons tons of Qs along with NBMEs.
Do you feel that UW Qs +all NBMEs were sufficient for a very strong st1 prep?
How good was FA? did you do DIT? how helpful was that?
Thanks and all the very best for your score...
FA is a good review source.. i used it only to review the points where ur only was was to memorize: ABx, some biochem, micro.. etc.. but overall, i think doing qs is much more important than trying to go over all of FA!

UW and nbmes alone without kaplan notes are not that enough! you need to go over kaplan at least once.. you need to have a strong understanding of the basic information, in order to feel comfortable handing those information in a lil bit of a twisted way as wat the real exam is..

during the exam, i did the first two blocks without a break.. then i took 7-10 mins break after each one.. make sure you eat everytime you go out, i ate lots of dates, they are very nourishing! drink some orange juice too everytime u go out.. i used coffee and redbull as caffeine sources during the test..

my nbme 12 was 240
congratulation for finishing the hell, what a relief !!! enjoy your time...
How did you study pathology??Goljan RR?
What your recommend for biostatistic and neuroanatomy??

Thank you
What Qs sources did you use throughout your whole st1 prep? As well as assessment tools?
Thank you for the prompt answer
@malik1223
i disagree with u.i ve not written the exam but i think ur advice to do kaplan over and over rather than fa is misleading.statistics has shown u perform better reading kaplan once but max twice and plenty review of fa!
all the same,congrats
Dear Malik, congratsiesssss with being done. How did you feel before your exam? Fully prepared? Can you tell about general anatomy when you get a chance, please. Also how was molecular biol, was FA enough. Thanks in advance!!!
great job! u r done!
can you tell me should i take nbme 13?? my exam in 2 weeks?
i have did nbme 11 12 and 7
7 was 2 months back
11 and 12 one month back??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »