Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study plan for Step 3 - SPs welcome - examusmle
Hi to everyone,
How is it going on??
hi guys, especially psych25! glad to see every one active here again.....let's hope we all study n score well and get done with this monster forever.
my preparation so far, doing MTB first reading....in the middle of I.M right now but as examusmle mentioned, 60 pages/day n i'll be done with it soon...... had a lazy weekend due to easter n long weekend here but will pick up my books from tomorrow morning and I.A will resume MTB3 from endocrinology on wards.
@examusmle, one quick Qs, what should i do for CCS while i'm still in the round 1 of mtb3? should i wait till i finish this mtb?
hi,
How is it going.
Hi grad1980, psych25, and Vatsalshruti,

Nice to see all of us together again! Let's try and make the best out of this.
@Vatsal, please try and share your plans/progress so far, if possible.

Hi lisak, psych221, 123sprout, ashwinmallad & rlp,

Welcome to the group. Please try and share your progress reports regularly every weekend,
in order to maximize the benefit of your/our efforts.

My weekend report:

CCS: Archer's CCS workshop was good, although it was tiring to sit for too long.Tried to do 3-4 cases per day. Certain protocols/guidelines are still not clear. Need more practice.

UW: Finished about 75% of UW questions.
Cumulative percentage so far: 67% and 68th Percentile.

Planning to take NBME sometime next week after finishing the first round of UW.

@ grad1980,

Good to know that your MTB first round is going at a steady pace!
Well, regarding CCS, it is recommended to start practicing right from the beginning. But if you
are a bit hesitant to subscribe to UW CCS right away, you can at least practice the FRED software to get yourself oriented. Once you are done with First reading of MTB, then you can
subscribe to UW Q bank & CCS at the same time.

@ psych25,
Hi buddy, good to see all of us together again!How is your preparation coming along? If you don't mind can you please share your progress so far? Just curious to know, since you are a bit ahead in your preparation. (Just like how you were ahead of grad & I during Step 2 CK prep as well Smile

See you guys next weekend.

Good luck!
Hi to evryone

@ examusmle :

Thanks for welcoming us in your group. You are doing good.

My progress
Started UW q bank from today : First block very bad score.. hmm..
MTB : read 150 pages.

Regards

weekend progress:
It's good to be part of this group. gl to all

started kaplan from psych along with mtb. plan on finishing psych.
by tuesday. and do some questions
was delayed , but back on track.
thanks and gl
hi everyone, weekend report,
finished IM section of mtb3.......started surgery now........ would finish the first round of mtb3 by this weekend hopefullySmile
Hi friends, like to share my progress 80% UW mcq's done. Although I have MTB, I have somehow felt more comfortable with Kaplan Notes. There is a considerable lethargy to read the text ;-). MKSAP qns are useful.

Yet to start CCS. Practiced with official FRED software and found that I need to work more on this.

To anyone who is yet to start UW, one recommendation (to get over the inertia, if you are like me) is to start with a relatively smaller topic - stats/rheum/tox etc and build your stamina from there.

good luck!

Hey examusmle, Lol!!! I think I'm a bit ahead becoz I have been studying off and on since mid-feb. And all that I have done so far is UW ( with a score of 67%), kaplan Qbank ( score of 65%) and one reading of MTB. Will start with CCS workshop tmrw. I don't feel very good about the MCQs and I think I need to do UW one more time. Will also try and take an NBME within the week, or next one!!!.

Also, been doing a light reading of some of the PR notes, not sure if I found them useful. Will not be spending too much time on them. Very similar to MTB but can be a bit contradictory. How do you guys feel about it?
hi guys,

I finished one round of UW.

I also did NBME form 1 today and scored 420, (although I felt that the questions were a bit easy while I was doing the test). I later realized that most of these questions were actually
tricky with a very narrow difference between the answer choices.

I think CCS performance needs to be really good in order to pass the test with the above
score. But to get a comfortable pass, I would imagine that we need to get around 500 in NBME
(even with a reasonable performance with CCS)

@psych25,

Thanks for sharing your information. I have opened a separate thread for discussing
NBME questions. You are welcome to join, (also others in our group) whenever you are done
with your first NBME form.

Here is the link for section 1.
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=672193

I'll post the link for the other sections as we go along.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »