Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14k-9k= P*ss (RATINGS) - shomaali
14k-9k= P*ss (RATINGS)

Forum Junior

Topics: 20

i contacted Pass Program South by email, they wrote a reply to my first email, but they didn't bother with my second email with new questions.

they told me that they have shuttles monday to friday, and there is a walmart about half mile from the apartment. from what i read on here, their so-called success rate is not accurate, because they don't really contact the students who took the course, so most likely those who failed after taking the course are not counted as their "sucess rate".

bluestar on Fri, 14 May 2010 20:15:47 -0400
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON PASS PROGRAM SOUTH! This was not a good prep program. The owner and main lecturer Dr. Hans Wolf YELLS his lectures and he jumps erratically from one subject to the other and never completes the previous subject, for ex., he will lecture on G.I. then jump to endocrine for some strange reason. The tutors were good and do their best. About the accomodations for students at Stradford Mills. The apartments are terrible and filthy. They put students into unclean, dirty rooms with moldy bathroom showers. They do not have it cleaned when you ask. When I asked for a clean room it took a week. Then Dr. Wolf had the nerve to try to keep my security deposit when I checked out after I went through all of this with them. Also, important! If you are considering Pass Program South, be warned that when you show up in the morning you may have to wait outside whoever opens the building is NEVER there on time. This was very frustrating for many of us students. It is also hard to get anyone to answer the phone there. Try another program with better guarantees.
PASS on Pass Program South.

PaulinSanDiego on Fri, 14 May 2010 21:22:08 -0400
For all reading this do not do pass south it is a ripoff, you basically pay for motivation and for someone jumping around the classroom screaming all day, i think you can save yourself 4400 dollars by doing first aid, usmle world and maybe pass videos, really this guy bases his whole program off of usmle world and if you ask him anything thats off of his curriculum he is lost and he makes up stories to shut u up, and in fact his notes are riddled with mistakes and his so called pp clues are a book of mistakes. Dr. Wolf is so cheap he even gives you notes that you can barely see the words you would figure if you pay all this money for this course you would get colored notes, and if you loose your so called pp clues he charges you 5 dollars. The living at Strafford mill is also a big flop he states on his website that it is close to shopping and close to the center but really you need a car to go anywhere and the center is 30mins away from the living quarters. Trust me I am a student who just went to this course I would recommend pass North or any other program this is a complete ripoff. Also he states on his website 2hrs a week tutoring for the 4 week and 5hrs a week tutoring for the 8 week and sessions with him every week but let me tell you if you get your tutoring you will be lucky, most of the tutors give you 30mins and then leave. Last class he had to make an apology to the class because he kept getting complaints on how the tutors were not doing what they promised. Take it from me this guy is out for your money and doesn't genuinely care about you in fact he only teaches Mon to Wed most of the time and the rest of the time he has his tutors teach because hes on vacation. So trust me dont come to this program you are coming to a place where he takes your money and you get whatever he decides to give you, and god forbid you show him a mistake in his slides he will hate you for the rest of the time your here and he still wont admit he is wrong, this guys ego is through the roof and dont contribute to it. I would definitely look at other programs and if you insist on the PASS program just get Dr.
Frances videos cause he was the main reason i came here because i thought it would be the same but trust me pass South is a complete waste of time, and you dont have equal treatment here.

srbyn1 on Thu, 20 May 2010 02:34:29 -0400
Thanks for exposing Pass South, Im glad someone was noticing and I do agree with the beginning posts it was fairly accurate.
Stick with uworld, Med Essentials and, Kaplan videos for the topics you need to brush up on.

kitty on Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:07:05 -0400
Dont waste your time or your 2cents on Pass Program South its not up to the standard of a proper review course, I feel with dedication and First Aid, and Uworld along with NBME assessments you can pass the usmle instead of shelling over 4000 to someone during this struggling economy and not getting what you paid for, go to a better program looks like the same set up as Pass but a better professor

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »