Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unmatched...old img - augmentin
why dont u start working somewhere at a clinic or else if u have gc?
-u can easily find a job as a surgery tech=> all u need is t go online and fill out an online survey. plz google it and call ...there s like 90$ or real cheap fees for it. I knw many are working multiple shifts at different hospitals and clinics with such easy way and collect gr8 lors+usce.,,,and u make money!
-if u have dat money, get in a nursing school and try the accelarated path
http://www.aacn.nche.edu/media-relations/fact-sheets/accelerated-programs

specially if u r old grad with avdg scores or/and attempts....u need a plan b to help u out.
- thre are other certificate or degrees u can obtain to get closer to clinics and hospitals to make link...like physical therapy=> then u can aim for physical med and rehab or whtever close...depends on where u get a job and who u can find to help or advise u to get in.

-there is histo tech degree or even certificate with community colleges which is real cheap, and u start clinical rotation at labs ... u can use it to apply in pathol...or again to make link.

- u can always work as med assistant with no schooling or headache...all u need s to fill out an application online and send it out to their organisation with ur ecfmg doc + around 90$ fees...just call to be sure.

i wud 1st try to ask around for possible jobs, like as physical therapy or else to find out abt job marketing ,,,,coz it depends which city u r. no one take someone with 0 expereince right away...u might have to work for free for a while to make it at the end. well, just try to find out and see which one works the best...if u can find a job straight=> do it.
if there is not much job options=> then at least apply to a cheap school for something cheap and not dat lengthy: BUT ASK IF THEY GIVE U CLINICAL ROTATION and at which yr to be sure (not online courses which dont have/offer any clinical rotations). coz that is wht u need (not the certificate or degree...unless u go unmatch and have to finish it to get a degree which wudnt hurt, u can find a job with that degree somewhere). gl
mery, do u know about medical assisstant, does it considered USCS, does it need a degree or do they accept a poor MD soul with ECFMG certificate? thanks.
I would like to add taht i always notice how much you help around here and how much u r trying to save us scams and hard earned money... this is my oppertunity to congratulate u on a well deserved residency,, and thank your great spirit.
mylifeishell : u can be smart and use whtever job u can grab in clinic as usce, and why not? u shudnt say u were a nurse or a med assistant or a clerk...u get the job, do ur best, earn money decently, and make link and contact to get strong lors from those physicians around u. to write as much as they can abt ur strength in terms of medical knowledge, critical thinking, case presentations (u can ask them to help u with such.. u can tell them to ask u to present the cases for them and u explain the ddx, treatment plan and else...so they can put it all in ur lors...try to ask as much as u can...and it is a real lor...u r not faking, they are not lying ...it is all abt how hard u work to gain wht u need to success and belive me, ppl knw and like it and will help u).

for med asssitant certificate, all u need is sending ur ecfmg, md diploma + fee to them. google and call them to make sure:
http://www.aama-ntl.org/becomecma/how.aspx

i looked for it yrs back and dats wht i am saying. u got to call for updated info and fees. since u r md, u do not need any schooling or exam for such! but try to look around at the clinic or hospitals or offices to see if there is any job out there which can suit u before paying for the fees (i dont want ppl spend money and cant find any job to begin with....but i wud try my best to argue with the office or else...coz u need the lors and usce badly and the job is ur 2ndry gain. be sure those docs are kind enuf to help u with such. be honest and tell them u need a job and u need lor to apply for residency as well....try it in 1-2 places (u need to talk to the doc...if u have primary care, make an appt with them for a med reason and then bring up the issue and ask if they are willing to help...or if they knw another colleague who can give u a job to success in life and reach ur goal...be humble and say u wud do anything such as cleaning or else...so ppl wudnt hesitate to take u in this bad economy).

for surgic tech, again u dont need anything, google it and find out the req and fees to send. u get ur certificate and can work. i wud prefer surgic tech....coz u will work with bigger clinics and hospitals where u can make link and real strong contacts...some my frnd got to work at very well known institute that amg cant imagine to shadow...and now are working, earning money, collecting strong usce/lors....it wont hurt to hunt wht is available out there where u r....well, even if u have to relocate for a job,who cares...if u can, do it and use it the best.

there are other jobs u can do like ekc tech, sono tech... sono tech needs schooling and else and might be headache. try surgic tech or med assistant or wht u can gain in such short time.

again, for olllld grads, low scores and attempt...u got to aim for something stronger...like do a master, or phd.....for psych, u can try psychology master at least....dat gives u a big help and u can work with psych +usce+lors.

be smart and look for real thing that is not ripping off ur pocket, u can use as usce , u will get some sort of degree or certificate which is worth it ...and heck..how if u can even earn some money out of it? observ is bs and shit....ppl look for real jon expo if u can....unless u cant make money out of it, but still can gain usce and good lor, grab wht u can , but for a real gain(not bs and words of mouth for free). gl
I appreciate your valuable advices tremindously,, thanks so much,, you are talking honest and sincere,,, i`ll try to look up my available options based on what you have said,,, long time ago when I started preparing for exams I was such anaive,,I thought my road is full of roses and no one can reject a certified MD,, reality of life was nothing like my dreams,,, I hope if I did not make it at least other dremears will learn the lesson.
c'mon mylifeishell, we're pulling for you, and thanks also for others' who posted with genuine advice to help. let's all do this, and trust me, you're not the one one whose lifeishell. cheers and keep onm dreaming and reach fo the stars!
snaggletooth thanks same wishes to u too,,I hope all of teh struggling people reach what they want,, needless to say how much time, efforts and money we invested during teh long way ... we always expect the crown waiting for us at teh end,,, apparently it is not meant for everyone,, the best thing is to move forward and find your own crown
its oky
Re:Honest opinion about these courses

RE pass south experience-see similar opinion below

If you want to be forced, pushed, and cheated, knowing nothing about your future USMLE score and your real outcome until 1 day before your exam, sticking in a small stinky classroom where you can squeeze in with 2-300 sardine students in a day, go for Pass South!!
Later, in a week or two you would want to run out, but you are trapped. You will have 1 option only: swallow and move on. Stay away from those crockpots, find stores in your areas, talk to the locals have your deodorant, disinfectant, betadiene ready.

You will find one tutor who will take you under his/her axilla believe me. You will be a free ride for the WOLF pack but it works both ways. After knowing who will be your teacher, you will need to get a supply of Listerine with SCOPE, that will cost you $400-500 a month, depending what state of halitosis your personal tutor will be in.
If you strongly believe in crappy latrine and bathroom services, don’t sign up for more than a month. Use try 2 buy approach.

noname

Forum Junior

Topics: 20

i contacted them by email, they wrote a reply to my first email, but they didn't bother with my second email with new questions.

they told me that they have shuttles monday to friday, and there is a walmart about half mile from the apartment. from what i read on here, their so-called success rate is not accurate, because they don't really contact the students who took the course, so most likely those who failed after taking the course are not counted as their "sucess rate".

~u brake it, we fix it~
1. Pass Program Review (Southpt. 3)
Our members don't see this ad.
Alright Alright, yall know me, the friendly neighborhood Quash. In this installment of half stepping the First Step, I'll be telling you all about the Pass Program. Many have you have heard of this program others are still lost in the "Natural Mystic" Be sure to send some my way after the step.

I'll try to be as unbiased as I can. I really know nothing about Kaplan, Princeton, Falcon, that course in Phillly, and not a thing about your Willy. I know only what I experienced in this program and what people have told me. I'll preface with: when I say doing questions, I mean getting a Qbank, USMLE world or Rx. (Ima do all three)

So then lets get right to it. Lets start with the bad stuff.

The first couple of weeks were kind of nuts, we didnt have a chair in the apt for a week, and the internet was down 99 percent of the time in the apts. There were no phones installed in the room for my entire 6 week stay. In the last 3 weeks or so, the internet was permanently up, but was only slightly better than 56k. So doing online questions at the apt was just a No-Go.

The annoying work-around? Study at the Pass program center. Which isnt too bad, but people like to have space to spread out all of their paraphernalia. And then doing questions in the computer lab can get quite toasty after a coupla hours, this means come packed with a spaghetti strap. Lots of places have free wifi, so a quick google will show all the free wifi spots in the area. A huge plus to sip on some sisuurp, and do questions.

When you sign up for housing they put you in a apt "College Park" style with two other people. My roomates were cool, we got along very well. They liked it freezing up in the place, which tended to keep my nuts lookin like a prune. A coupla times they werent in the place I put the heat on. Blasting full heat for you guys interested in doing the program in the october/november/january class.

The apt's arent far from the Pass Program center, 7 min drive. Walmart is across the train tracks at a 5 min walk. The airport is prolly a 15-20 min walk from the apt. A bus comes to and from the apt every morning and late afternoon if you dont have a car. People are generally friendly about giving rides. Cingular, Verizon, and sprint get good cell phone coverage, T moble sucks at the apt.

Originally Posted by futureaddison
Hi bbydoc,

I am going to be taking the PASS Program after failing Step 1 for the first (and last) time. I opted to go with the PASS Program South vs Illinois mainly because the class size is smaller and its closer to where I go to school.

Besides the fact that the Florida instructor has a tendency to shout - are the programs the same? Do they get similar results? I ask because there is a thread floating around that the PASS Program South is a "scam" and a total waste of money vs the more established Illinois one, so you can imagine my concern. I know that this may only be the opinion of one angry person who just didn't do well, but I don't want to take any chances...

Welcome: ‘Success breeds Success…:’

The USA’s only 100%- “No Questions Asked-” If You Do Not Pass the USMLE YOU DO NOT PAY…Guarantee

Ours (A Better Business Bureau, A+ rated company, in business since the year 2001*) is an easy to efficiently learn-/understand 3-month, IVY League-MD* -developed ,comprehensive USMLE Study System. In this system, you WILL NOT memorize inane, complex, useless lists, and irrelevant MCQ -pools, but instead UNDERSTAND, through our tutelage, our research-based, high-quality Basic and Clinical Science study materials. You will thus truly LEARN, by creating clinical correlations and diagrams that will enable you to develop high-quality Case Presentations- i.e., the essence of medical teaching since even Hippocrates…

OTHERWISE if you were to not pass (a very remote possibility), we provide you with, unlike any other USMLE educational service in the USA, a UNIQUE, INDUSTRY LEADING 100%- “NO QUESTIONS ASKED-” REFUND (PERIOD).

Tuition Structure (through a bonded, legally authorized escrow account): $14,000 /USMLE step with a limited time $2250/USMLE step discount.

Contact: Information line 24-7: 6 4 1- 7 1 5- 3 9 0 0 extension 8 3 3 7 6 8
sanjay bhai, prove yourself first..... you claim to be "highly educated" yet you never contribute answers to questions posted in step 1,2,3 forum?
if you did not pass the steps yourself then how do expect to teach people to pass 1,2 3???, be reasonable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »