Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 research waivered, May I do J1 clinical? - anderson213
I am currently on J1 research visa and have applied for a waiver. After the approval of my waiver, am I eligible for J1 clinical visa?

no
what do you mean by waiver..J1 research visa is not subjected to 2 years home residency requirement..and yes you are eligible for j1 clinical

Sterling..U dont seem to know what u talking about.
Depending on home country....u can be subject to a 2 years home residency(I know becos I had it).
And once u seek a waiver...J1 clinical is almost impossible.....
@nrmp2012

Did you had to serve 2 year home ressidency for j1 research visa??
Can we change J1 research to J1 clinical ?? wat about H1B??
And what about after one year of J1 research should I still have to do 2 yr home country service?? please reply me... bec I am going on j1 research soon
thanks
@nrmp2012
What if you withdraw your application before getting the waiver decision..
nrmp2012 can u plz guide us.. im going for a research on j1 at a prog in California for 2 years..
i would be getting the visa stamped from islamabad (pakistan) .. can you plz tell if i would be able to get it converted to j1 clinical after 2 years ( in case i match) or there would be a 2 year home residence requirement before switching to j1 clinical?..plz advise
Hi could tell me more details on the process of applying for a wavier for J1 research .....
its possible if you could get a waiver you could change to J1 clinical or a H1 depending on the program .... my mail id pseudomonas2012
Hey!
So if you did J1 research visa and applied for a waiver, what exactly do you do in the waiver?

Is there some sort of requirement like the one for J-1 clinical of working in underserved/government institution for 3years?

Sorry guys I never saw your questions

1. When u get a J1 research visa...they will let u know if u are subject to a 2 year home requirement or not.

If u are not....then that is perfect...u can later go on to J1 clinical or H1B without any restriction.

If u are subject to the 2 years home return then there are two ways to go to residency.
1. U can switch from j1 research to J1 clinical. U dont need to go home for 2 years. ECFMG will help u to apply to department of state to switch.

2. If u want an H1B visa for residency...then u have to seek a waiver for your J1 research. There are so many grounds on which u can waive it(google J1 research waiver). Most pple are successful through "NO OBJECTION LETTER". If your govt sends the department of State a Letter that they dont object to you staying in the USA....your J1 research home requirement will be waiver.

HOWEVER once u waive it....its 90% impossible to go back to J1 clinical
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »