Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 13 answer key - jasmin000
@raihansomnc thanx a lot for posting correct ones..i wil post q which i find hav different ans..
@raihansomcn BLOK 1 Q 10 WHY DO U SAY ITS FORMALDEHYE DEHYDROGENASE? looks like it alcohol dehydrogensae ..see pg 242 fa 2010 edition or kaplanpg 139 pharma.
but here its http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomepizole
says formaldehyde dehydrogense converts formaldehye to formic acid .FORMIC ACID IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETINAL DAMAGE.
R U SURE ITS FORMALDEHYE DEHYDROGENSE U GOT CORRECT? I OPTED THIS ANS JUST WANT TO b sure.

Fomepizole is a competitive inhibitor of alcohol dehydrogenase,[4] the enzyme that catalyzes the initial steps in the metabolism of ethylene glycol and methanol to their toxic metabolites.
Ethylene glycol is first metabolized to glycolaldehyde which then undergoes further oxidation to glycolate, glyoxylate, and oxalate. It is glycolate and oxalate that are primarily responsible for the metabolic acidosis and renal damage that are seen in ethylene glycol poisoning.
Methanol is first metabolized to formaldehyde and then undergoes subsequent oxidation via formaldehyde dehydrogenase to become formic acid.[5] It is formic acid that is primarily responsible for the metabolic acidosis and visual disturbances that are associated with methanol poisoning.
Concurrent use with ethanol is contraindicated because fomepizole is known to prolong the half-life of ethanol.
When used as an antidote in cases of methanol or ethylene glycol poisoning, fomepizole is administered by injection. Fomepizole is supplied as brand name Antizol in 1.5 mL vials containing 1500 mg of fomepizole
blok 1 q 27 ststisics why its d?
blok 1 q 32 well controlled 25 yr seizure history pt ,brain gross section? vascular malformation but wats the diagnosis?
that was a foolish typing mistake....ans i A...Alcohol dehydrogenase is the ans...i got it right.....sorry for that...good that u found out....

about q27...p value is less than .05...so no issue of statistical power.....subjects were chosen by randomization...so no issue of nonrandomization..its not a selection bias...bcz subjects are representative of the population.....

Bcz out come will be reported by the parents this is the best ans....

Abt q32...i got it wrong in the xm...my ans was C....bcz i knew that its not A,B or D....so i go with the E...
abt the q17...its not alcohol withdrawal thats for sure...my ans was wrong in the xm.....i was searching for hours to find the match....but nothing fits correctly...so i give up....heroin is the closest....so i go with it....
If u have any idea how to calculate block 1...q47...let me know.....
@notym
Block 4
q11 A
q14 c
q23 A i put a and i didnt get it bk on feedbk
q46 B easily ruptured
does anybody know block 1 q 43?
there are some changes in the question...now i again checked my feedback....there are no question about phemphigus vulgaris....my question about bullous pemphigoid...which i got wrong....

sorry guys....@wolverine99.....ur corrections are right....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »