Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion about online nursing - blueflower
hi everyone, I need some advise regarding joining online nursing , as to the pros and cons of it. I applied to the match twice already and did not make it.I am thinking of doing some other job to sustain myself and study online. Is online nursing worth it or finding a job is not easy after that also. I don't mind working as a nurse, so no hurt ego or anything like that. I would appreciate any guidance/opinion for or against it.
Try to go for in class program. I am skeptical of online programs. For example, you would not have confidence in a doctor that went to online school.
yeah, try first an actual nursing school that's reputable.online may be a rip off and source of uneccessary ridicule, just my opinion
try real schools. gl
let me make it more clear..finally, i have wasted more life dan u ...i think!
online courses and degrees are good only for those who have done with their real school or degree and have a good position somewhere and working...yet wanna promotion, some companies or hosptals pay for them to get such degrees....then the easiet way for such is online schooling! coz they really dont need such shit....but it is convenience for them, sitting at their job, someone else is paying for them and soon they add another frkin degree (which is actually worthy only for the same company where they are working).

it is not worth it for u and i who wanna to start a strong background, find link and contact to make it thru or to find a job. online aint going to help u with anything, just ask ur $$. gl
Agree with mary Online degrees are shit unless you are already in the field.
Thank you so much for responding guys ! I deeply appreciate it. Just one question...so we already have an MD( so to say) ,would online nursing degree add to it or would I be back to square one where they say "not good enough" to get a job. My goal is to get a job that will at least sustain me until whenever the match works out for me,if it does at any point.
I would like to say thank you again to mery, docsammd,snaggletooth77 and chairman- u guys are so kind !
forget abt online nursing.
nursing (any kind of degree in nursing)=> is going to damage ur packet...unless u use it wisely as usce to make contact! Smile....then u can make a story that u needed dat job to survive which is understood. so dont think a nursing degree is going to add anything to ur package....but u can earn usce and make contact thru it. .,,, be smart bud, dont look for harvard or else...try some rural lower tire schools where u can get it done soon...waive some of ur anatomy or physiology later down the road.
when u get to the clinical section, u shud be all set....but try it wise and be humble(no one gives it a shit damn to our MD or else, meaning u got to just say u love nursing and u gonna to serve ppl thru nursing...then if u can make it to a residency...good for u!).
if they knw u want to use nursing to be a doc....aint goin to help and can hurt u and them big time.

sum it: nursing is going to be a plan b=> u get in a school, learn the us system, gain usce+$$$=> apply for match and use it as usce....if god forbid u go unmatch, who cares? u have ur degree, u have ur job$$$ and u r constantly gaining usce and making link and contact....u can find a hospital who likes u to give u a chance later, who knows?

it is the same for PA, i knw some PDs who were PA for yrs , but american .gl
Mery has summed it up perfectly. Enough of this topic
Well everyone has his own opinion but i think you should those person who has experienced of online classes. My name is Lauren Drell and currently i doing a job as a nurse in hospital i am holding a bachelors degree in nursing online. Currently i am enrolled in masters degree program i have feel that online degree program is more feasible then on-campus college because i was not able to earn my degree because my schedule was tough for me but online education made is easy for me i prefer you to get admission online college if you want to find college then here is a list. http://aboutonlinedegrees.org/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »