Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work as Medical Assistant will help on CV - arjunpal
HOW I got IM rez despite several USMLE failures (31,000 views)

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com...dency.html
seriously ??
A to Z guide to get Residency-YOUR FORUM QUERY

See top result
https://www.usmleforum.com/?q=img+imresi...une+9+2011
(5,800 views in past month alone!)

CONTENTS
a. Visa
b. Obama Care and 3000 new Residency Positions in 2013

1. Old grads
2.USMLE Course Ratings- THE TRUE STORY…SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS; Good course options for working mothers TOO..
3.USCE-PAID PhysAsst Scholarships (e.g., even Physician /Surg Assts make $120K per year!) and Free UNIVERSITY Externships
4.ECFMG
5.Efficient residency search;OLD IMGS UPGRADE RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS THROUGH GOOD STEP 3 SCORE!;SPECIAL OPTIONS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS ONLY

AS OF 08 -20-2012 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTIZED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"
6.LORs-Perfect Samples
7.Personal Statements- Perfect Samples
8.Salaries of MDs (e.g., even Physician /Surg Assts make $120K per year!)
9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched
10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
3 Current IMMEDIATE USCE PAID Positions in Physician Practices-NO US Residency Training NEEDED!

A to Z guide to get Residency-YOUR FORUM QUERY

SEE TOP RESULT

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=how+img+got+us+residency+blogspot+april+2009

CONTENTS
a. Visa
b. Obama Care and 3000 new Residency Positions in 2013

1. Old grads
2.USMLE Course Ratings- THE TRUE ratings for ALL COURSES OUT THERE
---SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS;
---Good course options for working mothers TOO..
3.USCE-PAID PhysAsst Scholarships (e.g., even Physician /SurgAssts make $120K per year!) and Free UNIVERSITY Externships
4.ECFMG
5.Efficient residency search i.e., FULL LISTS of PGMS with NO YOG or SCORE or USCE needed!full LIST OF PROGRAMS THAT ARE NOT IN THE NRMP Match- I.E., all PremaTCHES!!!;OLD IMGS UPGRADE RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS THROUGH GOOD STEP 3 SCORE!;SPECIAL OPTIONS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS ONLY

AS OF 08 -20-2012 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTIZED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"
6.LORs-Perfect Samples
7.Personal Statements- Perfect Samples
8.Salaries of MDs (e.g., even Physician /SurgAssts make $120K per year!)
9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched
10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
3 Current IMMEDIATE USCE PAID Positions in Physician Practices-NO US Residency Training NEEDED!

Arjun.. Include it in your resume.

To begin with Honesty helps. You wont have to tell the PD i am honest.. it will show in your resume.

I would suggest including it in your cv for the following reasons
1) Something is better than nothing
2) MA work involves being in clinical contact
3) By function of being an MA you were involved with patients and had to converse with them..and therefore is a testimony to your english language skills.

.. Now the description of USCE is vague. Being a medical assistant in a clinic is still US clinical experience as I know MAs do a brief history, check vitals and listen to the heart and lungs. But from a residency POV, USCE is hands on clinical experience where you function like a medical student.. do h/p and procedures. it could still pass of as USCE..but if i were you i would mention it as it is.

Infact to anyone out there.. if someone has had a non clinical job such a waiter/ sales person in a store.. I would recommend including it in yr cv. It will show you have good people skills and importantly will testify your struggle in the US

Hope it helps.

NO

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

RATINGS of all USMLE courses and also FIND OUT ABOUT A UNIQUE 100% Guaranteed-ONLINE USMLE Course THAT IS ‘Reinventing the way that we teach traditional medical education…as we explore and conquer, using new cutting-edge, high-technology learning frontiers of didactic delivery*.. ‘

Visa Solutions

Obama Care and Residency Positions- AAMC and USPHS Publications

Old graduates: A realistic -logical approach towards enhancing your application, using USMLE Step 3 upgrades, USCE (Paid Surgical assistantships via scholarships or unpaid University externships), efficient residency search (programs with no USMLE related cut-offs or Grad date cut-offs and even with no USCE needed) and high-priority high quality samples of LORS /Personal statements

Other categories: Caribbean graduates and working mothers receive special advice to conquer the USMLE steps and achieve the network needed for residency…

*USMLEs: See above. More about the convenient course that is ‘Reinventing the way that we that teach traditional medical education…’ and how you should please avoid those “BIG NAME “ USMLE programs that …offer- NO TRUE " CASH- GUARANTEE.. in OTHER WORDS, IN PLAIN ENGLISH THEIR BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IF THE STUDENT FAILS, THEY WILL NOT REFUND A DIME, PERIOD (THEY JUST LAUGHED AT YOU IF YOU REQUEST YOUR MY MONEY BACK AFTER FAILING WITH THEM-VERY RUDELY AT THAT...)..SO NOW I ASK YOU, WHY IN THE WORLD SHOULD THEY CARE IF YOU PASS OR FAIL--I.E., THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY before YOU EVEN START THE COURSE!!! ok, so they let you RETAKE the course...and so you sit in for free in the lectures--BIG DEAL...as it is not costing them an extra dime to do so, and WHY WOULD YOU RETAKE THE SAME COURSE THAT LED YOU TO A FAILURE THE FIRST TIME???

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »