Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after residency - zeena
after residency do they give us any form of degree that says that one is a md or m.s like in india?with U.S degree do we get jobs in india ?is their 3yr residency as good as 3yrs m.d gen med in india.can we get registered to pracitce as physcian?or we can only practice with mbbs degree??
There is no agreement between India and US in terms of recognising each other's MD degree. So you cannot legally practice as MD physician in India even after you have completed the residency training in US.
Did not know that!!!
I want o go back and practice as a clinician in India.
How do most people go about it? legally..
stupid lady grow up
Usually, people who plan to go back have an MD degree from India beforehand. Doing a residency in US adds to their CV and they can have offers from world renouned hospitals in India. I think you will have to practice as an MBBS.....best is contact some of the best private hospitals in your city and see how they respond.
Thanks for the information jj1234.

Saints, that was uncalled for...
i guess govt institutes dont recognise,but most of the corporate and private hospitals do take you in as physcian equivalent to md.lot of guys from uk as mrcp do get recognised as good as indian md degree holders,and their pay scale is more than an average md doctor.
at some point i would want to go back,so was asking this question.
any input is welcome.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »