What should I do-old img? - dictator
Graduation Year- 2003
Scores- 82/79/78 CS Pass. Passed step1 in fourth attempt
Lots of US Clinical Research Experience in pharma industryGood LORs

Do not have externship. Nor Psych experience

Want to do FM OR PSYCH.

Psych requires experience
FM and IM requires 1 to 2 yrs of graduation

Currently, working in pharma industry. Making decent money BUT have strong urge to pursue clinician path in any specialty in US

Applied 5 times. Never matched. Each time got a couple of interviews in psych. Despite good interiews never matched.

I am tired of applying and lost hope. I am open to suggestions. Please advise.

Looking to get residency of any specialty in US. What specialty do you think I should pursue/ Will externship help? I will have to leave my full time job to do something like that and still no guarantee
3 attempts in step 1??... that is tough.
Though, you have been getting IVs in psych, so better to focus on that because obviously your creds have been attracting some psych progs to call you. Unfortunately, you may have to temporarily give up your full time job while your pursue good psyc clinical experience or clinical research experience.
Other than that, you have US working experience, and you it is just a talking game in the IVs (backed with substance of course), so perfect that and GL for next matcg
Please do not give up your day job.
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR FAILURES!...

I Myself, was sitting where you are sitting right now. Yes, I was once a Medical School school student. Studying for exams was never quite easy and USMLE exams were a struggle. Then came the one day that changed everything - the day I failed the USMLE.

Failing the USMLE was one of the most devastating, crushing, and heartbreaking experiences of my life. Not only was I aware that I would have to wait another 12 months before getting a residency but I knew that I didn't have the money to continue taking the exam. I had to pass the second time around or I wouldn't be a PGY-1. I just didn't have the funds to take the exam a third time, and I needed a job to pay my loans and support myself.

But before taking the USMLE again I knew I needed to do one thing - I had to figure out what I did wrong in the first exam and not make the same mistakes twice. So then began my struggle to find a TRUE boutique tutoring service- that was not some big name de-personalized commercial unfeeling program.

Finding a USMLE tutor was grueling back then (2009)- and it still is. There was only one certain resource that is available online, personalized with needed live help, and to top it off gives a 100% guarantee! AND IT WAS TOUGH TO FIND IT…

Taking the USMLE the second time was grueling but armed with this unique online, personalized (with needed live help),$11K/Step, 100% guaranteed service I passed the USMLE the second time and NOW the story continues-with YOU!

This service knows how hard it is to take exams. But they also knows that it is more important to get it right the first time or correct your mistakes quickly so that you can ultimatley succeed. This is why they wants to help you succeed as fast as possible.
BOTTOM LINE: GET MORE INFO BY CALLING 641.715.3900 ext 833768 IMMEDIATELY.

Myself, was sitting where you are sitting right now. Yes, I was once a Medical School school student in the early 90s. Studying for exams was never quite easy and USMLE exams were a struggle. Then came the one day that changed everything - the day I failed the USMLE for the 4th time.

Failing the USMLE again was one of the most devastating, crushing, and heartbreaking experiences of my life. Not only was I aware that I would have to wait another 12 months before getting a residency but I knew that I didn't have the money to continue taking the exam. I had to pass the fifth time around or I wouldn't be a PGY-1. I just didn't have the funds to take the exam a fifth time, and I needed a job to pay my loans and support myself.

But before taking the USMLE again I knew I needed to do one thing - I had to figure out what I alternate things i could do and not make the same mistakes again. So then began my struggle to find a TRUE calling. Something else i could do instead of just trying this USMLE exams over and over again.

Finding a USMLE tutor was grueling back then (1996)- and it still is. So then was born the idea of the 14K guaranteed course. My vision was that it had to be a resource that is available online, without any physical trace for an office, and to top it off gives a 100% guarantee that would not be enforceable! AND i was going to target the IMGs that had failed many times or the IMGs that were very old YOGs because they would be such suckers for a service like this…

Giving up on trying USMLE the was a big relief and instead just focusing my energy on this money making scheme called the 14K prog was a no brainer. It was not traceable to me and i could just make an easy 14,000 for ever loser that signed up! I mean, I did not have to publish any official address, I just use free emails to advertise (like yahoo and gmail). In fact, I did not even need to get a real phone number. I just use the free voice mail service by Simple Voice Box! The best part is that I just create multiple IDs (some female, some male and many actual IDs of popular forum members I mooch and simply add an underscore or a 1 at the end or in-between!!)
This service knows how hard it is to take exams... heck i never passed it my-self. But it also knows that it is more important to get the right type of candidate to sign up for this course (vulnerable ones who have failed a lot or old YOG). This is why i consider myself a financial success, because despite failing the USMLEs i have developed a scheme to make money off selling this USMLE training program to unsuspecting IMGs.

BOTTOM LINE: GET MORE INFO BY CALLING 641.715.3900 ext 833768 IMMEDIATELY.

dr "shawn" G (aka skg)
[I have visited the following campuses: CaseWestern, Yale, Hofstra]
Don't fall for this crap. After the more red flags the lower your chances.
I know a person very old grad (1990) That matched to a Univ Psych program few years back. All he did was externships in psych at his nearby Hospitals. His wife used to be the bread winner for the family as he continued to do unpaid externships one after the other for more than a year. Got LOR's from it and matched !

To tell you more about this gentleman he was subject to seven years limit so had to repeat his USMLE steps. However he got decent score- in the mid80's on retake.
keep your backup and keep applying for match!
the most critical thing for psych is USCE...do the externships from Jamaica/ Brookdale or the University of Louisville 4 month Observership program in Psych...all these will consolidate your application and bring you on a strong footing ... time to swing into action if you want to match in the coming year ...good luck man !!!
See top result
28,000 page views
http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

i.e.,
a. Visa
b. Obama Care and Residency

1. Old grads
2.USMLEs: comprehensive ratings of guaranteed PASS tutoring services and programs
3.USCE
4.ECFMG
5.Efficient residency search
6.LORs
7.Personal Statements
8.Salaries of MDs
9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched
10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »