Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed - nova173
By the grace of Allah,I passed this monster.I had so many issues during this period including a very difficult pregnancy.My score for nbme 2nd form was 420 just the night before,I had 280 on the same form exactly 5 days before my exam.I am so happy that I passed it. My step 1 was going to expire in March,so I had to take it regardless.I used Archer ccs,UW ccs,UW q bank and mtb.I studied for 2 months and did uw mcqs thrice.My UW assessment was 199 2 weeks before the real thing.I was panicking a lot and on the verge of cancelling at the last minute but then I decided to take the risk and went ahead with it,I am very thankful to everyone on this forum for all the help I got.
congrats,,,,,,,,,,,
Nova congrats .. So would you advise me do the same? Archer, MTB, UW CCS and MCQ ?
Where can I get Archer from?
I took my step 2 ck in 2007 and I have no clinical experience,that's why I had a lot of difficulty in preparing for this exam.I would say that among all the resources which I used for step 3,Archer is most important.You can get it in PPV format or live from dr.Red website.I don't know how clinically oriented your knowledge is but if you are like me, then Archer is a must.I used his PPV lectures 5 days before my exam when I was freaking out with my 280 nbme assessment result.It helped me a lot to reach a passing score.I did not use step 2 ck kaplan books though because they are too long. I would say that mtb ,archer and uw mcqs are mandatory to pass and get good scores.My score is not great because I could not prepare well due to my personal issues but if I had put some extra effort I would have got a good score.All the resources which I mentioned here are enough to cover the exam content nicely.It is a doable exam and if a person like me can pass.anyone can do it.GL to you for your upcoming exam.
congrats!! I am using archer already, is mtb a must?
can you please post what 10 min cases you had? Only the 10 min ones I am not asking all
Congrats nova!!!!!!!!!!!!
how long does it take for the result to be out
thanks
congrats
bajoba, sometimes I wonder too what 10 min cases are like but it is not a fair deal for people to post them on public forum I think. God knows how many 10 min cases they actually have in their data base because there can't be many unstable very quick cases
hey guys...what's archer exactly....???

i'm new here! and how do you get this archer...?
I'm also pregnant...and I don't know if i I can do this exam soon!
any advise or help?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »