Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 3 low score-old YOG - mono10
For an Old graduate with v.good step 1 &CK scores,no enough time to study,Which is better ?
1-Pass step 3 with low score and go for this match?
2-Wait till next year to have more study time and high score?

I mean a low step 3 score,could it be adding more negative for old graduate ?
i have the same question... :S lets hope some one more mature in this regard answers...
Hello friends,
I think it would be very helpful to pass step 3. It covers the time between application and graduation.Many
programs give interviews only to those who have passed step 3. Step 3 score is not that important.
Dont wait till next year. If you have passed step 3 then it can only boost your your application or may do nothing but it will not be causing negative effects at all.
@ residencymatch: thank you so much my friend
mono10 :what was ur step1 and ck scores?
i guess dont go for this match ok the truth is you are already old so one more year doesnt make a big difference as an old grad you have to have something interesting for program so which is better passing step 3 or a good grade on it i would go for the second one if i were you. of course it is my opinion and you have to decide yourself
thank you drpred.those programs make me feel i am old enough and have to wait for a peaceful death.the thing is that every year passing is like an extra knife in my back lowering my chance to get a residency.it is a hard situation which i wouldn't wish even for an enemy
dont think like that I am old grad too but i know that scores are more important that grad high scores will open so many doors for you recent grad with low score dont have chance either unless they have someone in program and of course i am not talking about exceptions it is not impossible but overal so hard so focus on your study by the way you can apply wo step 3 so take your chance and apply but be careful with step 3
am waiting to die too. so u r not alone.
am an old grad with low scores. I don't know if there is any good thing abt my creds. Being US citizenship does'nt help. No gap in CV did not help either.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »