Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Experience - kk95
Hi Everybody,
I took step 1 yesterday.This is my second post in this forum,but I frequently look around here.So I would like to thank all participate in this forum,especially who shared their experiences(most are not in step 1,but I really thank them).Time is now for me.
All blocks are equal,only 2 blocks are difficult.Time is enough for me,but my tempo decrease in last block.There are a lot of chart,graph,photo.Some q are so lengthy,but these are easier than 2 sentences statement.
I got most pharm q ( 3 q are similar concept of agonist vs antagonist,enzyme kinetics Smile great!).Micro q are tricky.4-5 q same as nbme,most of q are similar concept q as nbme.
So if you've well prepared all nbme forms,you can go though.
I would be happy to answer any q you have,except my study experiences that I will share after I got my score.
Good Luck Everyone!!!
Thanks for the post. Which nbmes did you do?

In compared to u world what did u think?

Gluck!!
can one carry medicine like for headache???

if you are an img then you can answer passport necessary for photo id at exam center, will national id suffice?

how many anatomy q was in your test approx?? i am weak in anatomy.

do you mean to work on nbme offline ?
"Test the nbmes online then get the offline ones and look up the concepts you made mistakes on. " - word of advice from a friend too who took the test recently. He said it was similar to nbme 13

What do you think
@jdmed84 :I did form 3,4,5,6,7,12 offline and 11 and 13 online.q are like both uworld and nbme.that's why uwrold is popular.
@docmamun :You can take just in your mouth Smile.You should bring valid unexpired photo ID( you can check at http://www.ecfmg.org/forms/form292s.pdf).I'm also weak at Anatomy,I got about 10 q,most are not difficult.
@mle2014,@jdmed84 : Yeah I mean just concepts and style of q,whatever you did online or offline.but I recommend online just you want to predict your score.I agree that it is nearly similar as 13.
Help needed- EMERGENCY
Characteristics Of Past History (i.e., I am a Caribe Medical Student)

-my IMG friends took the” big name” live courses in IL and NJ
--large classes with no personalization to their specific issues
--they found the courses too complicated
--could not apply the information to the real exam
--took them 6 weeks of lectures but another 6 months to learn the material
--both got scores of 77-79; one failed with a 71
-I cannot risk these types of performances as I will then not get a residency in the USA

Therapeutic Options
-these available courses are well-known, with good notes I suppose but not good enough for me, as I want to stay in the USA
Best Options (Desired “Management Approach” To Handle My Personal Concerns)

-I need a course that is
--less than $10,000/USMLE Step
--online with daily interactions so that I can stay at home and maintain my full-time employment
--dedicated to IMGs
-- Simple, Short (less than 3 months)
--Personalized to solve my specific problems
-- Not Too Complicated, clear and to the point
--Easily Able to apply the information to the real USMLE
--learn the materials and lectures at one go- and not keep repeating over and over in rote memory
--need a score with a first attempt pass of > 85
--need a 100%-Pass Guaranteed, so that the company does just take my money and then ‘run…’(as happened to my friends above…
--need help with the residency application (and externship) process so that I can
--- target a good personal statement and LORs to the programs
---with the highest probability of success for me (and thereby not waste $15,000 in ERAS applications!).
Wish you all the best.

Please can you send me a copy of NBME 3,4,5,6,7,12 offline at: fernandomary88. Thanks
Hey congratulations on finishing this ,am a bignner for step1 and i need materials wt kpln notes did u used ? I am looking for new editions and I can buy them from u if u dont mind plz contact me at examusmle or skype om-hiba
Thank you and goodluck for the rest ..
thanks for ur post.i just started taking preparation for step1 ... do U think kaplan materials r sufficient for Pathology ? or do i need to go through any other stuffs for Patho before taking UWorld/Nbme ?

Good Luck Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »