Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance for IM residency for old graduate! - musbmc
I am 11 yr old graduate from Bangladesh. I got 227 in part 1, 245 in ck and planning for cs. I have a diploma in internal medicine from my home country and now in a residency course in MD cardiology. I have also passed MRCP Part 2 writtern.

Anybody pl tell me if there is any realistic possibility to having an IM residency in USA?
Your scores are good. I would suggest you get solid clinical/research experience in US and get LORs for that. You should definitely get IM with your profile.
Your scores are below average for an IMG in Step 1. Your CK is pretty decent. Your year of graduation is very old.

Go on FREIDA, print a list of every IM program in the country and aim for community hospitals. It will take a hell of a long time to find out which programs have graduation requirements. Try and charm some with the fact you have MRCP 2(you done PACES?)
OP - you have decent creds, though YOG is old, you should be able to try for internal.
Do not let any ding-dong tell you otherwise - believe!
Thanks for your comment. Then I should try for step 2 CS and step 3 and USCE!!!!!
can u please tell me which books you used for preparing for step 1.
thanks

SEE TOP RESULT

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=...april+2009

(38,000 views!)

CONTENTS
a. Visa
b. Obama Care and 3000 new Residency Positions in 2013

1. Old grads
2.USMLE Course Ratings- THE TRUE STORY…SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS; Good course options for working mothers TOO..
3.USCE-PAID PhysAsst Scholarships (e.g., even Physician /SurgAssts make $120K per year!) and Free UNIVERSITY Externships
4.ECFMG
5.Efficient residency search;OLD IMGS UPGRADE RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS THROUGH GOOD STEP 3 SCORE!;SPECIAL OPTIONS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS ONLY

AS OF 08 -20-2012 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTIZED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"
6.LORs-Perfect Samples
7.Personal Statements- Perfect Samples
8.Salaries of MDs (e.g., even Physician /SurgAssts make $120K per year!)
9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched
10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
3 Current IMMEDIATE USCE PAID Positions in Physician Practices-NO US Residency Training NEEDED!

Myself, (NOW A WORKING MOTHER- IN RESIDENCY!!!.YOU CAN DO IT TOO!)was sitting where you are sitting right now. Yes, I was once a Medical School school student. Studying for exams was never quite easy and USMLE exams were a struggle. Then came the one day that changed everything - the day I failed the USMLE.

Failing the USMLE was one of the most devastating, crushing, and heartbreaking experiences of my life. Not only was I aware that I would have to wait another 12 months before getting a residency but I knew that I didn't have the money to continue taking the exam. I had to pass the second time around or I wouldn't be a PGY-1. I just didn't have the funds to take the exam a third time, and I needed a job to pay my loans and support myself.

But before taking the USMLE again I knew I needed to do one thing - I had to figure out what I did wrong in the first exam and not make the same mistakes twice. So then began my struggle to find a TRUE boutique tutoring service- that was not some big name de-personalized commercial unfeeling program.

Finding a USMLE tutor was grueling back then (2011)- and it still is. There was only one certain resource that is available online, personalized with needed live help, and to top it off gives a 100% IF YOU DO NOT PASS, YOU DO NOT PAY-guarantee! AND IT WAS TOUGH TO FIND IT…

Taking the USMLE the second time was grueling but armed with this unique online, personalized (with needed live help),100% guaranteed service I passed the USMLE the second time and NOW the story continues-with YOU!

This service knows how hard it is to take exams. But they also knows that it is more important to get it right the first time or correct your mistakes quickly so that you can ultimatley succeed. This is why they wants to help you succeed as fast as possible.
BOTTOM LINE: GET MORE INFO ABOUT THIS $12k /STEP COURSE, BY CALLING ANYTIME THE INFO LINE at six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred, ext eight three three seven six eight
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »