Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who matched previously - tag2
Is there anyone who had only unwaived LOR and matched?
Will it reduce my chances if I dont have waived LOR
I know a person who matched( neurology,LA) with 3 unwaived Lors, old IMG (8years), 1 month observership in USA, Phd.
I dont think it depends that much
Thanks cixi.
There's a really underrated factor for matching which the subjective factor. If the PD liked you, you are in. If not, forget it, even if you have the most perfect application.

So try to be likeable and make the PD like you.
Can you please explain to me the difference between waived and unwaived LORs? How can you find out if your old LORs are waived or unwaived?
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
@student1
Hello Waived means you did not look at the LOR(you waived your right to see the LOR). unwaived means u used your right to see the lor. Confusing since people can look at it and then asked them to send them as waived anyway.
A Realistic Means of Getting a Residency (38,000 views)

http://imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com/

RATINGS of all USMLE courses and also FIND OUT ABOUT A UNIQUE 100% Guaranteed-ONLINE USMLE Course THAT IS ‘Reinventing the way that we teach traditional medical education…as we explore and conquer, using new cutting-edge, high-technology learning frontiers of didactic delivery*.. ‘

Visa Solutions

Obama Care and Residency Positions- AAMC and USPHS Publications

Old graduates: A realistic -logical approach towards enhancing your application, using USMLE Step 3 upgrades, USCE (Paid Surgical assistantships via scholarships or unpaid University externships), efficient residency search (programs with no USMLE related cut-offs or Grad date cut-offs and even with no USCE needed) and high-priority high quality samples of LORS /Personal statements

Other categories: Caribbean graduates and working mothers receive special advice to conquer the USMLE steps and achieve the network needed for residency…

*USMLEs: See above. More about the convenient course that is ‘Reinventing the way that we that teach traditional medical education…’ and how you should please avoid those “BIG NAME “ USMLE programs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »