Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Americlerkships review - ayash
@ ayash could you tell me if these doctors you did rotations with wrote you some good LOR's or no?
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
@fireice, i believe the procedure was to notify 5 days prior,just give them a call or shoot them an email.

@ aleenaf, I waived my LoRs, but I did see the LoRs written for the others and they were well written.

Hope this helps
Come on man,it is hard to get inpatient experience with these agencies and so costy as well.
Can you tell us how much did you pay to get that wonderful in-outpatient usce?
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
@ayash If you search thru this forum you will see the same posted about experience obtained thru agencies. Programs are aware of it and while they do consider it as experience, it is not considered On the same level as USCE in an ACGME accredited program. It is frustrating for an IMG because valid clinical experience is hard to get. So that is what I meant. The experience is sufficient for general applicants (decent scores + recent YOG), but it is not considered top notch experience.
Most of the doctors are private practice physicians and so even their LORs are not so highly regarded.
But do not worry, you are getting the experience that you can, I just wanted to contribute my opinion on the value of that experience as programs see it.
hello i listen that people who rotate with americlerkship in chicago with dr.marva are getting preference for pre-matchc at illinois masonic hospital? is this correct?
i m planning to do clerkship in chicago soon.
who knows...if the doctor is a part of the program or has strong connections there - perhaps - connections help.
search in this forum for that name to see maybe someone has posted similar stuff
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »