Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is my chance for ob/gyn program - matchingobgyn
actually I am old gradate 2004 and I worked outside USA until 2009. my scores in step 1 240 (2009
), step 243 (2010), cs pass second attempt, step 3 218 (2011). now I am green card holder and I am doing my MPH degree. I will apply for ob/gyn position. Is there any one know any idea about the IMG friendly programs and how is my chance to get matched in ob/gyn position. also, do I need to apply for other programs like Ped, Family practice or not? please reply if you have any idea. thank you
yes there are IMG friendly programs that take IMGs each year. your step and 2 scores are good for it and your GC will help you alot. I also advice you to apply to FM or IM as backup just in case. It is very important to get the applicantguide lists especially in obgyn where IMGs interview each year. Also if you have US LORs make sure you get them uploaded as they have much weight especially in obgyn.
thanks for your recommendation. Do you know from where I can get IMG friendly hospital list for ob/gyn and how about my graduation date?
you are considered an old graduate but yur USMLEs are recent which can help compensate. go to google and search: applicantguide website
Thank you russianjoo. Really I appreciate your help. Good Luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »