Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 scores less than 220 - pritymle
Hey everyone.. A lot of program directors take only step 1 scores as a filtration criteria and scores less than 220 will be filtered out initially.. Is this true???..
And IM for Imgs has a very high step 1 score recently has been things I've heard .. Is this info to be trusted??? Ur valid responses pls..
Not necessarily true. That would depend on the specific program you are applying to. But do keep in mind you are less likely to be considered for a competitive program with lower step scores. Unless you have other credentials that can make up for it. i.e research experience, strong USCE etc...
I know a lot of people who have step 1 scores less than 220 and matched to nice IM programs
Your life is over
docsammd.......Ithink you said good bye to this forum..?.....I know you are a mr big busy doc md but your services are not needed everywhere ...
anxious2004 : he is answer your silly qn, yet you complain!, shame shame: http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=670471
Welll he answers me ...........I asked about my chances in matching with a request that no insults and discouragements just for some moral support and he replies ....you apply and get to know your chances .....NOBODY CARES ABOUT MY DAUGHTER ...mr docsammd ...oh sorry 230 ...I have no time for this bullshitt so stop it now and better dont respond to any of my posts..
i'm confuse.. anxious2004 are you using two ID? pritymle also your ID?
anyway sorry about your daughter and sorry if my reply upsetted you.
true people with high score are applying IM but i dont think that IM looking specifically for the high score.
good luck and dont be upset sister.
No I am not usung double ids ...I hardly get anytime to use my single one ...my day starts with doing dishes , laundry , cooking , cleaning , grocery making everyone happy around me and everyone is enjoying a sound sleep that is the time when I concentrate on my books with half sleepy mind and you think I would play games just to be popular in this forum ..the only time when I use this forum is when I needd some help or when I am feeling morally down
Yes I am an old graduate .....because I was not selfish I did justice with family and my profession too .....I was never away from that ...how can an unjust person who thinks only about himself be a good physician ......It really frustrates me seenig old graduates rejected ...I know I desrve to be practicing medicine ...I met a really fresg graduate in a very good university progran pgr 11 asking .....Is SLE an autoimmune disease ......she has never heard of glucagon.......these days I am calling programs and all I am hearing is no no no for old graduates ....why ..Any ways i apoplogize for being rude but I really felt bad when you said that sentence about my daughter ....I am still very thanful about help and will always be.....
yeah, what docsammd said about your daughter is not good.
For match, you have chance, many people with old graduation year are matching so dont give up. What you have that fresher dont have is wisdom + experience.
For all your sacrifice for your family, i believe that God will bless you with hapiness and successes so please sisster do not give up of your dream to became a US physician.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »