Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRMP "ALL-IN" Policy How to find pre-match - behlpful
I am just curious, how one would be able to know if a program is going to participate in NRMP or to give out all positions in pre-match... I guess only way to find out to contact program directly? or any other alternatives that I am not aware of? I am just curious... Thanks for your help in advance!
you can guess... sort of, there is no saying what decisions programs are going to make.
Programs in the past that have been heavy prematch - like 90% of seats (low self esteem programs if i may add) may go for that option.
So if you look at the match data on NRMP, it will show the number of spots that went through the match. In addition, if you look up the data on Freida, you should be able to see the total number of spots in each program and the difference b/w freida figure and nrmp figure would most likely be prematch spots.
Thanks a lot Iowa for your valuable input!

Given that this year will be the first time this new "ALL IN" policy introduced, it will be very interesting to see how many programs willing to go "ALL IN" which historically heavily given out positions in pre-match. As we know almost 99.5% (if not 100%) pre-match given to IMGs (I would think small numbers of pre-match might be going to AMG who didnt match previously) hence if a program do decide to give out all positions in pre-match that program will become IMG only program and no AMG would ever apply to such program or no point to apply to such program (I thought the reason for some program to leave certain spots for NRMP as they would hope to be able to pull few AMGs in their program).

I am wondering if NRMP has given a deadline to program to make their mind if they are going to participate in NRMP or not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »