Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal statement - mirage2012
I am working on a research project which will take some time to get published.
Can I mention it in my personal statement? If yes, is it ok to mention its title and name of journal?
Any suggestions?
If you have submitted the manuscript and it was accepted already or the answer is pending, you can list it under publications and define the status as submitted.
If you haven't finished the manuscript yet or haven't submitted, you can mention your research experience under work experience and explain how the paper needs some time to get published.
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.
@hato Thanks for your response.
Its in very initial stage. I have drafted it and it is being reviewed by faculty people before sending to the journal. I am trying to speed up the things.
But if I mention the name of the journal or the title in my SOP. is it fine or am I voilating any rule?
If you want to mention it in your personal statement you could say something like, you had the opportunity of working on this research project which included (explain what the research is on) and that as a result you have been working on preparation of a manuscript which you have sent/are sending to a this prestigious journal..
REPOSTED OLD:
If you have submitted the manuscript and it was accepted already or the answer is pending, you can list it under publications and define the status as submitted.
If you haven't finished the manuscript yet or haven't submitted, you can mention your research experience under work experience and explain how the paper needs some time to get published.

====================================================

You have 2 months till Sept 1. If you submit, then add the publication as submitted. If not, mention that under the research itself. Unless the journal is a great one, I see no reason to mention it in your PS (and I would still mention it under research too).
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
Good post blablabla
REPOSTED OLD:

====================================================

You have 2 months till Sept 1. If you submit, then add the publication as submitted. If not, mention that under the research itself. Unless the journal is a great one, I see no reason to mention it in your PS (and I would still mention it under research too).
Hi,

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »