Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urban/ rural / community setting? - iamadoctor
Hi,
I am in the process of making my PS for pediatrics.
1)I wanted to know if i mention that i would want to work in an urban based program would that affect my to be interviewed by rural/ community programs
2)I am sorry for being so ignorant but is there any difference between a community program or urban based program or are they the same?
3) Are majority of hospital in urban areas?

I just know that urban programs tend to offer more diversity of patients and sicker patients which is where i am sure everybody wants to work . Please help me understand.

If your aim is to practice in an urban setting...then a PD of a rural family medicine program will wonder if the training will match your goals. Defining your career goal isnt gonna give u any extra points...so i suggest u rather be vague....using words like "underserved communities" "vulnerable population" etc
ok thank you..
Can u explain me the difference between a urban based program and a community program. Are their mixes of both like urban based community program?

Community means community...it can either be urban or rural. Sometime pple compare a community based training to a tertiary/uiversity training that incorporates a lot of research and subspeciality training.

Urban training is being trained to practice medicine in an urban or big city setting. While some family medicine programs are bsed in rural settings that teach u to take cre of patients with limited resources
Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact us for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, we can help too. We just need you to be specific and help us understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact us at usresearchexp. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »