Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances of getting residency?? - mpacko
Hi guys m img 2006 grad having scores 208,209,212,CS cleared all in first attempt,did three year residency in medicine in home country...having observership for 10 months... Wat r my chances of getting residency in us...wat else I can do??plzzzzzz reply
50.325%.
Note this estimate can change if further information is provided:
Specialty of interest?
Previous match attempts - # of interviews & specialty?
What field US experience is in (backed by LORs), because foreign experience does not count as much.
Interested in IM,observership is in IM,Applying for first time...
well as you are aware, IM is pretty competitive. Your scores and YOG are not much in your favor, however hopefully your LORs are from the US and hopefully your continous home experience should count too. Apply widely.
Here's a link to last year's IM thread - give you an idea of what creds folks had and the number of IV's they got: http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=611887
updated: 60.475% (unscientific estimate).
Thnx Iowa I ll do more observerships or usce to improve my cv...rest is luck...
Or I ll try psych or family medicine...I guess they r less competitive...
FM is more trouble than IM. Do your home work and you will see IMG ratio for FM positions. Hey, caribs are not counting as IMG (at least on my list because they are US citizens, gave undergraduate degree, fresh medical graduates and has tons of USCE expirience).

Be more realistic, FM programs don't care much about your scores and attemts, but look into your graduation year and USCE. The IM is completelly opositive.

Make your bet. GL

www.imgusmleandresidency.blogspot.com
Thnx heirman and lisadoc....can u plz tell me bout psych.residency....I just want to settle here in any residency...my spouse is IM resident here so I just want to settle here in any residency....
Sorry heitman
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »