Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one doing research please give your advice - zinetac
I had applied for research position and two weeks back a researcher said he would give me a paid position and would complete the formalities after coming from vacation. After he came from vacation i did not hear from him so i emailed him and also left a message for him but still have not heard from him. He also gave me his cell number.

Now my question is what should i do now? Shall i call him on his cell phone or keep on emailing him. Do the researchers also lie like program directors. what should be my best approach because i don't want to lose this job. I will really appreciate any suggestion.
well first and foremost he/she is human, so try not bug this person and yes, like PDs they are also play the same "mind games'..... intentionally or unintentionally.
i suggest you just wait till you hear back... or write a nice-long email after a bit
Thanks a lot iowa.
Yes, wait for atleast a week to 10 days. Maybe he got busy. If u have his office number, talk to his receptionist and leave a msg with her/him and tell them u'll call again in a day. They will certainly convey ur msg and can also tell u the next day what the doctor said.
Unfortunately if you did not sign a contract you may have lost the position. It happened to me and many I know. Are you sure he said you got the job or there are other candidates also.
He said to me that he is going to talk to one of his staff members how to get my ID done. He also gave me his cell number saying do not delete my message if you see it. Really i am shocked why he did not respond to my email and telephone message.
I hope you don't get screwed but this is not unusual

Give him some time. must be a busy man. I dont think he spends his whole vacation thinking about you. Am sure he has things to catch up with after such a vacation. Wait for a week after your last email and then send another one courteous and straight to the point. And maintain some persistence. Landing a paid position isnt a cake walk irrespective of having being promised one or not
where is this position>? is it in a university? is it very good position,?

if yes, probably he had found sb else,

what do u have in ur cv?

was he really going to vacation?
Thank you very much every one for giving your valuable advice,i really appreciate it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »