Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are my chances ... - drharrypal
hey friends,could somebody tel me what are my chances for getting internal medicine or family medicine this year.YOG-2007
step 1 191 3rd attempt
step 2 193 1st attempt
waiting for csa result studying for step 3 plaaning to give my step 3 by end of october
i am a us citizen.
any help will be appreciated
thank you guys

Here are the negative aspects of your application : 3 attempts at step 1, and below average scores for both step 1 and step 2.
YOG is > 5 years, unless you can account for those years with US clinical experience or some sort of research.

The positives: even though step 1 and 2 scores are low, you have shown improvement!! Keep up this trend, try to pass step 3 with a stellar score.
You are a US citizen, so Visa is not an issue.

IM might be difficult, you have a chance for family.

but to give us a better idea, what have you been doing between 2007 and now? Programs want to know more about your involvement with health care in the US, any clerkship or observerships? or have you just been out of the loop for 5 years.

Pepperino is really being generous. Your shot is by knowing somebody and that's it.
thanks peppino for your kind help.i have only 3 weeks of clinical experience and that at the private clinics.since i dont have any contacts in usa .i have applied to a observership program at regional hospital .and may be i will be getting that observership next month.i been in the usa from last 3 years and till today i am struggling to survive with my wife who is the only supporter i have in usa.been working at the grocery stores 16 hrs everyday and studying for exams .thats what i did so far...dont know about my fate...thanks to all the friends at usmleforum who are helping others who need help like me...thanks alot...
any thing to say guys???is there anybody who can help me somehow?????
iowa
peppino????
anybody??
I hope you are studying hard as usual.
But aside from the advice offered, what kind of help are you seeking?

We are in the same boat here.

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »