Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
response of a one of the PD - lookingformatch
If you had bothered to do the minimum of research, such as looking at our web site, you would have addressed this Email using my name, and have found the answers to most of your questions.

Do not bother to apply to us through the ERAS. I am not interested in you as potential resident.

Yikes!
I guess u have learned something from that exchange.
Wow!!! sorry to hear that. Care to provide any details?

wow - that was mean of the pd.... but you know, the way some people ask questions on this forum (like "how to get a residency" etc), if they ask the pd the same way, then that could be the response.
Not saying that this is the case of the OP

What was your ooriginal email to the PD?
maybe u shd desist from sendiing out similar emails
well my email was not that stupid.... I tol him that I am a neurlogy fellow, doing masters in neurosciences, and I also teach neurosciences to under graduate student in Canada.

I am looking forward the coming ERAS match and I wanted to ask some questions about the program and those question were actually reasonable question ....

but got this silly reply
if you don't mind, what were those questions?
As reasonable as those questions might be, if the answers as indicated in the email might be kinda in your face as soon as you go to the website then they can be interpreted as unreasonable.

The reason I ask, is I feel all of us here can learn from this experience. First impressions do matter a lot and they can start with the email correspondences that we have with these program directors. That is something many of us tend to over look.

u know what u shud have done
u shud have instead waited for an interview call before asking the program director any questions..... if u really had queries u cud have called people down the line and clarified with them
i think what really ticked the PD off was the fact that you did not address the PD by the PD's name..... (as stated in the PD's reply)
Two things here that come to my attention, and this is only my opinion

you didn't address him by his name or title coupled with you mentioning your credentials, may have caused you to appear as overconfident.
my $.02
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »