No research experience
Looking for Fm

Please suggest me what are my chances
4 Years USCE?? doing what?
Working as MA then physician assistant
Iowa please tell me what u think about my chance of match
I am not sure, but i guess PA/MA counts as valid USCE. More questions:
Have you applied before, what were the IVs that you got: specialty and number
No it's my first time, and all exams I have finished in one year with full time job, now I am teaching At university at health science departments means all medical subjects, really oncerend if I need to do more observer ship or it's enough,

Any advise will be appreciated
I think, despite your old yog, you should have a good chance of getting some IVs in FM (matching is based on your IV performance + other factors).
Also good that you finished all exams in 1 year - programs do look for exam dates and so those who write an exam a year (and score high) don't really get full credit for it.
I would also recommend you prepare well for step 3 and score as high as you can, it will definitely enhance your application - but only write it when you are ready.
Also prepare well for IVS... it should not be a problem for you since you are well exposed to the american health care system and are pretty conversant with patient interaction etc.
Actually being a PA from the US is quite helpful. I know of a few friends who went to school with me that were PAs and had no problems landing IVs and residency. Some even said that because of their experience some programs overlooked the whole "foreign grad" thing.

I don't expect you to have any problems with Physical and Rehabilitation medicine, or family medicine.
Even though your scores are on the lower end of competitive applicants.
Many of my friends that were in the same situation as you (PAs and some who may have even failed step) did get good feedback from few programs because of the level of experience and maturity that PAs bring to the residency programs. These programs included henry Ford hospital MI, Marshall University WV. I am sure there are others but I am just recalling where my friends with similar credentials matched.

The only set back to applying to some of the stronger FM programs is probably that your scores might not meet the cut off. Research isn't usually an issue for Family Medicine programs but do you have any volunteer experience?? that helps!

Yes I donot have problem for us system but still luck, but my one question, my resume is full of OB/GYN
But I am not really applying for OB/ GYN

My scores is not very high???
I am doing study for step 3 will work hard but remember I work full time but I will try my best

I am applying for FM.

Will this be concerning to PD's?
one of components of FM is ObGyn
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »