Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are my chances--IOWA and Peppino please come - niu88
well its just that you are going to have concerned parents coming to you trying to convince their children of one way or another.
That was just an example and I think I used a poor example.
But in psych in general you are going to be dealing with drug addicts, criminals, victims you name it.
You just have to be careful not to pass judgement that is all.
thanks, Peppino. I think I understand what you meant: do not be subjective and judgmental. keep an open mind.
But how to let the PD knows it? put it down in PS?
I think you mentioned an important aspect when apply for psych.

Thanks.

Yes I would put it in the PS
Include some unique experiences with patients in your psych rotation and in your volunteer experience.
The volunteer experiences can also be mentioned in your CV Smile

There are a few psych residents out there who blog about their experiences. Take a look at those it might give you an idea:
Here is one blog, there are many many others!!
http://www.doctorpsychobabble.com/
I like to read his/her experiences as psych resident. how do you find the blogs?
would you mind sharing more links to the blogs?

Thanks
I personally don't know of any psych residents, honestly you can just google these blogs.

I think the way I stumbled across that blog was that I was looking for Residents who are graduates of Caribbean medical schools and thats how I found that blog in my search.

I am sorry that I can't be of much more help lol.
this may also help, last year's psych IV discussion thread, good juicy info there: http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=611214
i've got a few short circuits in me cpu, so maybe in future u can help me fix it Smile
thanks you guys.
good luck for the match!!
To Iowa and peppino...

You guys are awesome!

Ilove reading your inputs ... !

Good job! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »