Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any views.......ANYONE - aryan86
No, USCE is not always necessary.
You already have some USCE. That's enough.

Prepare well for the interviews and you will match.

I took Step 3 at the time I was preparing for the interviews and I think it messed up my prep and stressed me out. If you can handle it, go for it. If not, it's not a priority. It never was anyway.
@cs_acer

Thanks a lot. I am confused about step 3. Do you think one month of uw and mtb 3 is sufficient to go for it. what you did?

@ peppino

Thanks a lot. Okay will try to get more USCE. Does research work but without any publication in US counts or not?

@iowa

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will keep in mind.

@ haisook.
Thanks a lot for your advice and time. Can I contact you personally for some more advice.
all in all your credentials are not bad.

As haisoook mentions USCE is not always necessary but can really help. Especially if you can get atleast 2 LOR from US attending physicians who supervised your work. Thats why clinical training can be more valuable than research.

Research can still help your overall application even without publication because atleast you have shown interest.

But take whatever you can get your hands on.

Often in this forum we see people who are scraping through with minimum passes or previous fails. Your case is different, your credentials look good in my opinion and I guess we are here to offer you advice on how to make it better. You are not in any real danger of not matching I don't think.
If you have one solid month to study then take step 3. That's all that you will need if you have taken step 2 in the last year and your medical knowledge is still fresh. Make sure you do not automatically release your score in case you fail.
Dear Peppino & Docsammd

Thanks a lot for your input. I will work for on my options as suggested .

Have a nice time.
Waiting for right advice
I have done MD in anesthesia with 6 yrs + of total exp
STEP1 215
STEP2 226
recently appeared for CSA in july
prepairing for step3
NO usce and LORs
few international publications in anesthesia
my csa results will be available in october

kindly tellme about my chances of matching this year
and future advice
my YOG is 2004
sorry aryan i have writtenn in your blog..i am new user of this forum
Your scores are bad for anesthesia BUT not for many other specialties. Understand Anesthia is ultra competitive because of the ease of their lifestyle. However CRNA are ruining it for them in the long run but i digress.

If you really love Anesthesia and you love it then fight for it. You have publications and MANY programs love a researcher. Your research may help cover up your scores. I have friends that Interviewed with horrible scores however they published from very very good universities (IVY league)

You need to come to the states and get USCE and Research (At a huge University I am not kidding try Harvard somewhere your previous research may get respect).

This year you will not get into anesthia unless you get incredibly LUCKY. I dont bet on luck and blowing money. Good luck.

FP will not touch you
IM your scores are very non competitive
and the rest I dont think you care

UPMC pittsburgh is offering observerships for free, call program cordinator and apply there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »