Obgyn chances ?? - usresidency2013
my credentials
step1 - 242/99
step2 Ck- 211/89
contd..
CS - pass , all first attempt
step 3 - yet to give
YOG- 2006, residency in OBGYN from home country
My Ck score is very low compared to step 1, preparing for step 3 , but may not be able to take before application time..

Is there anyone in the same boat, any chances for obgyn ?
ummm,

Is there any reason as to why your CK score dropped?

I am familiar with the Michigan OB GYN programs I can tell you that you do have a chance. For example Detroit Medical Center OB most of their IMG residents had 90+ and applicants with 95+ are strongly considered.

Another thing they looked at were research in OB GYN.

@ peppino..thanks a lot for ur reply

I have 3 months USCE and 6 months research experience in US, not yet published, ongoing research, will be doing for another year until I get residency, by that time may have 2 publications ..
ok now did you take step 1 after CK?
I want to know did your exam grades improve or drop? That is something they will look at.

3 mo in USCE what was your role?

You do have a chance at Henry Ford OB in Detroit for sure. You might have a chance at Detroit Medical Center.
@ Peppino

Yes. I did CK before step 1 with overconfidence :-(, did observership 2 mths and externship 1 month in OBGYN , now doing research -just started..
I hope you succseed in your dreamland. You already over 5 years since grad, and the clock still counting. Gain another 2 years and you'll be out of scope for good not only for OBGYN, but for all other specialties.

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »