Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are my chances...honest repy - angelman1
YOG- 2010
STEP 1- 209 2ND ATTEMPT
STEP 2 CK-240 1ST ATTEMPT
STEP 2 CS- PASS- 1ST ATTEMPT
USCE- 3 MONTHS
WHAT ARE MY CHANCES..PLZ REPLY..I WANT TO DO INTERNAL MEDICINE..NO CONTACTS...NEED VISA..PEPPINO AND IOWA..PLZ GIVE UR INPUT TOO..
IM will be hard but apply hard. Most IM want first time pass.
You need more USCE
Apply far and wide and do not ignore there application criteria.
Make sure you apply to other specialties because lets face it there is nothing special about your candidacy.
I have one article of one accepted and one pending..will that be of any help..
thanks docs for replying
hey angelman

well docsammd does mention that most programs want a first time pass. Its true IM has been getting more and more competitive.

As I have told others with fails before. You MUST have an explanation for your step 1 attempt and include it in your ERAS. Some programs are willing to overlook the fail if you have had extenuating circumstances that lead you not to perform at your peak potential.

If you can get more USCE perhaps another 3-6 months that would help.

You mention you have no contacts but do you at least have US physicians to write good LoRs for you?
thanks peppino..yes i have phi to write good lors..i did observership in hospitals which doesn't have a residency programs..i have 2 good US lors..and thanks for ur input..
the docx has given u gr8 advice... attempts are a killer, but certainly not the end of the road. You pluses are relatively recent YOG and great 1st attempt CK score. As he said work hard on your USCE and apply strategically to as many IM as possible.
Publications may help too - good interview material to talk about.. work hard on IV skills and make a good PS.... take you time with it.... write it now and improve it with time.
53.75%
thank you iowa!! as per all ur advices i will work on getting more usce.. and will write up a good ps..will post my experience as soon as i match..SmileSmile staying positive.Smile..

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »