All ist attempt
Sorry
step 1 202 2010 nov
step 2 244 2011 May
cs 2011 aug
step 3 2012 May
NO GC, but with valid visa and work authorization
2 research presentations back home
working as a MA since Jan. and observing physicians in the same place since march
helped a physician with a research study, not yet published
Thank you very much
did you qualify as a licensed MA too?
your creds are OK and you are just within the 5 year general YOG limit and so should be fine. what are you applying for?
Note: You do need visa, because work authorization is for a specific job + employer
Also better to address your post to general public.... many others give very good input.
What kind of visa are you on?

The majority of programs will only sponsor the J1 education visa through ECFMG. Some might consider accepting an H1 visa.

I am not too familiar with the immigration aspect hopefully someone here who has gone through the process can give more input.

Try to get atleast 2 LoR from the US doctors that you have worked with.

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
@ peppino, iowa, sorry for the delay.
Not a licensed MA. Just applied and got the opportunity to work..
I am on A2 dependancy visa. with work authorization
I don't know about any restrictions with this visa, ?? I thought I can work with this visa as a dr. My husband is working for an embassy here, of course he cannot work any where else with this visa , but I think I can????? I am on dependency visa
I am planning to apply IM /FM, IM/ped, IM/EM med.. Surgery..not sure!!
Yes I will be getting 2-3 us lors, but most of them are family pract.. I want to do IM!!

Got Messed up with step1 ..did the exam soon after migrating to usa..didn't prepare well/ had lots of changes in life style etc.. Migrated after marriage, Did not have a plan before to leave my home country, because I got good results with honors, distinctions and gold medal for surgery and was working in the national hospital in my home country...
I am so disappointed that I was not matched last year.
Appreciate Your advice!! Thanks.

WHO IS THIS SWEETYLUV??? Hate this kind of posts!!
Did not realize that you could work as an MA without training etc (or maybe the place you work in just refers to it as an MA position).
If you want to do IM, you have to get some USCE in that. So still apply in FM also (since you have letters from FM physicians).
Also use your diplomatic connections for interviews if possible..... how many did you get last year?
58.58%
Did not get any IV's!!! Applied only IM ,transitional pro. in VA, DC, MD and some hosp..in Ny and NJ ..around 110 altogether, but did not have my cs results by the time I applied..but received in oct..
Startes to work prn MA and now part time, some states does not require MA licensure..This hospital was ok with my credentials..
USCE..Tried a lot to find out!! Went to all the hospitals around my area..did not any chance!!
Getting so frustrated when they say..IMG's are not alowed in this hospital!!
So worked with a dr. in a clinic last yr and working as a MA now..
Thank you iowa.
Any opinion about my visa status. Thank you.
The only kinds of visas that are sponsored by most residency programs are H1 and J1
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »