step 1 241
step 2 248
CS 2nd
YOG 1994
Home country 12 ys of Peds
USA research: 7 ys
Observership: 2 months
US permanent resident

I almost loss my hope this year due to the CS fail. Not sure what's my chance to get into a community program.

Please feel free and frankly to give me some suggestions.

Thanks
You'll be fine, just make sure you explain the failed CS attempt on ERAS and how it does not truly reflect your abilities to succeed as a physician.

Although now that you mention you were a pediatrician for 12 years, I can understand how CS was challenging there were only 1 peds case on mine which was a phone case lol. So you probably had to get back in the groove of adult medicine.

Your credentials look good. Although your US experience seems to be focused mostly on research which is good but do you not have any hands on US experience other than your observership?
The more you get the better. Looks like you have kept yourself busy since your YOG till now so its good that you dont have any gaps.

You should be ok to get into peds.

@peppino

Thanks for your encouragement.

I will have 7 ys of research next year. I am doing observership now, but not sure whether I can get an externership or not.

Wow 12 yrs of practice and 7 yrs of research. How old are you by now then?
@haisook

I am very old, 40ys
40s?? That's not old!
@peppino

Thanks for your encouragement.

Hope I can get in one program next year when I am 41 yrs old
i'm sure there are a few who have matched at 40+ and posted on this forum
@iowa

Thanks, I'll check it.

My son is going to the 9th grade this August. I hope I can finish training when he goes to the university.

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »