Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usce - diaali1984
Many programs don't consider observership or research as USCE. They require hands on clinical experience.
I was allowed to examine the patients, so can I call it hands on experience?
When you apply, do you have to specify whether you did observer ship or externship ?
If so, how will I clarify my clinical experience?
Be honest, has anyone participated in any USCE, post-grad, that even comes close to any clinical experience while in med school?
No, it doesn't. But I don't get your point.
you may be allowed to examine patients, but was it legally done (covered by malpractice insurance)?
that's is what programs and PDs generally question.
sorry to sabotage your post. that was just a gen. question. answering your question, did you have med malpractice insurance while participating in your hands-on experience? If you did, then of course put it down. If you didn't, then you and the doc involved in the clinical experience are both liable for allowing you to practice medicine (regardless of the capacity at which you practiced i.e. in your case physical exams) without malprac insur.
Be ready to provide an evidence that you had a malpractice insurance during your USCE (whatever you can put here: MA, PA, observer, extern, etc...). Some PD's are asking applicants for evidences.

The only places you should worry at all if you had your USCE trough accredited places, which are true USCE, accompanied my LoR's from other PD's and/or faculty members.
Oh my God, I didn't have malpractice insurance.
I am getting my USCE from a top university and my boss is a high profile person but she is willing to write in her LOR that I did examine the patients.
How do I manage this situation?
I mean, I want to write that I examined the patients but how do I save myself from this malpractice thing?
Why don't you ask your high profile boss at top university? Usually, you will be covered under their insurance policy, and you don't need to buy insurance yourself. But, looking on your clueless, I can see a fraud right there.

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »