Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do I have a chance to get IM? please respond. - gogosica
Hi I m a YOG 2003, with IM residency finished in my home country, and practiced as a physician for 2 years there, but no USCE, my scores are good: Step 1 237, Ck 257, CS passed , all from first atempt, not visa nedeed. do you think I can get IM here?
DEFINITELY YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR IM....ALL D BEST !!
I can see a gap in your practice (at least for 5 years, consider residency is another 3 years after 2003). So, what did you do from 2007 until now? Second, you are out of your school for 9 years, 90% of your applications will be rejected by computer filters until you know someone on the program who can bypass the filters.
residency in my country was 5 years (from 2004 -2009) and i have 2 years of private practice- so itt is not a gap of 5 years, but only one year gap. and i have done also other clases since i finished my med school. the bad part is that I don t have USCE and iI have YOG from 2003.
@gogosica

I think you have a great chance to get into a program this year. Try you best to be well prepared for application and interview.
You would have to apply to as many programs that do not have a limit on YOG as you can reasonably afford. You would have to do very well in your interview.

Things to think about for the interview process:
1.) Why you want to go through residency again
2.) Are you humble enough to work under people several years your junior
3.) Are you open to being trained despite knowing so much already
4.) Can you adapt to the US medical system

This is a voice from a lonely heart,my name is MIRABEL;i pass through your profile today and was move with passion of love.please i will like us to hold our dream together,here are my mail box:
(realluvonlyu),
Remember age or Colour even distance has nothing to do with True love,so please we can move from here, contact me to have my personal picture,the greatest is love,thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »