Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice concerning 7year rule - raidenxp2005
Yes, your chances will definitely increase with new USCE. You should think about Step 3 as well, though might be too late for it at this point.

Well it isnt a bad idea
However it means that u have to wait till 2016 to write step 2
By then u will be 10 years out of graduation and also u will still have all these attempts on your transcript.
doesnt sound like a good plan
good plan/bad plan

thanks nrmp2012 for the input .....i was looking at the positives of having a fresh start
and thx titan......but i'm looking to see how i can increase my odds of getting into a internal medicine residency.....

the attempts would look bad but i want to know if i increase my score, do step 3 and get USCE with 3 US LORs ...... would i be competitive enough for residency by time i've completed the latter
should i still go ahead and apply if i continue to obtain step 3 and the USCE with 3 LORS

PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE?
ok i can help you with that you can use 7 year rule if you dont take step 3 in the meantime you can apply for residency who knows maybe you get one but for 7 year rule I passed all my exams in 1 and a half year for some reason had to come back to my country so basically when i came back it was more than 7 years from passing my steps and become ecfmg certified so i apply for step 3 passes it then apply to retake the exams got the letter and i am doing them now i passed all the exams in first attempt so basically check the medical board of states with 7 year rule you may not be eligible to some states so check before waiting so long
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »