step1:230
step2:226
step 2 cs: pass
step 3: 198
observership and research volunteer: 3 months
US Lor: 2, one waived one not waived
contacts: few but not very strong
visa; needed

asking you guys as i believe u as experts here..but of course all friends are welcome for the input
all first attempts
Yo we aren't really "experts".

Your step 1 and 2 scores look good, but why the huge drop in the step 3 score?

Your USCE might not be enough for some programs, plus you've combined research and volunteer all together. If you are going to get your LoR based on your USCE make sure that your referees put a lot of emphasis on any hands on interaction with patients. "volunteer" experience, although will help your CV, is not a substitute for clinical clerkship training that many residency programs expect you to have.

otherwise your application looks descent, your scores are very competitive for FM and you are right up there in the pool for IM.

What programs are you looking at applying to?
only IM friend...step 3 was tricky..jus appeared without much preparation..thought passing is enough..now looks i was bad to make that call..anyway its not something i can change now..anyway thanks peppino..jus curious if i can have it through contacts..do you think someone recommendeing me has a place to fee shy>>kinda weired question for u though
iowa plz u too speak something
Well keep in mind many of the US counterparts applying for residency will not have Step 3 done by the time they get ranked so step 3 while important is not as crucial as the other exams.

lol only you know your relationship with your attendings who are going to be your referees. I found that approaching my referees was like negotiating a contract. You kinda of have to tell them what residency programs expect from a candidate and how they can reflect that on the LoR, if they are prepared to do that why not! otherwise maybe you can find another reference.

you can wait on iowa to give you the estimate.
if pepp has spoken so have i buddy
60.17%
thanks pepp..m waiting for iowa..u are helpful buddySmile
some more input plz iowa
Need more info, specialty of interest etc. Your scores are good + YOG recent so % will depend on specialty of interest and what your experience is in.
(PS: I am not an expert, I just cook up %).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »