Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAY 2: Embryology + Biochemistry/ DAY 10 - zen786
Bacterial Lac operon is an e.g of POLYCISTRONIC mRNA: i.e one mRNA codes for several proteins B-galactosidase and permease.

good job Zen
almost everything you need to know about I-Cell disease is in First aid:

Except: Enzyme affected : Golgi Phosphotransferase [ doesnt transfer phosphate group to mannose ] hence no mannose 6 PHOSPHATE.

other findings: macroglossia, club foot, URT, MVP, hepatosplenomegaly.
Thanks Geo!!!
so in a guestion stem when they describe I cell dx and ask where the enzyme that is defective collects, is it safe to say Golgi or lysosomes?
its complicated and im sure they wont confuse us like that cause the MAIN enzyme thats defective is Golgi based phosphotransferase but that leads to other defective enzymes [leaky enzymes] such as glycosylase, lipase, protease which is lysosomal based. so i believe its best to check the stem ? loll
Tyrosine kinase receptor:

Transmembrane receptor that bind an extracellular ligand then intracellularly transfer a phosphate group from ATP [hence the kinase in its name ATP -ADP] to select tyrosine side chains on specific cellular proteins including itself. The first step in the signaling cascade that is initiated by tyrosine kinases receptors is autophosphorylation.

PDGF and other growth factor receptors : single pass transmembrane protein.
Insulin and IGF - 1 receptors: 2alpha subunits and 2beta subunits
I started with Embryo... i'm all out of sync with you guys...

But anyway here is a cool way to remember Brachial Arch Derivatives

Mnemonic: Brachial Arches " Make Some Pouch Turn Round" MSPTR

Arches----Mnemonic------- Muscles---- Neural crest cartilages---- Nerves

1----------M: Mastication---Muscles of Mastication---Mandible Malleus Incus---Mandibular N
2----------S: Smiley face---Smile: Muscles of Facial Expression, Stapedius, Stylohoid--- Stapes Styloid process, Stylohoid ligament, leSSer horn of Hyoid--- Seventh N (facial N)
3----------P: Pharynx-------stylo-Pharyngeus---- Greater horn of the Hyoid--- glossoPharyngeal N
4----------T: Take in food (swallow)---cricoThyroid----Thyroid cartilages----Tenth N (superior LN)
5----------R: Rap songs (speak)--- Rest of the muscles of Larynx--- Recurrent LN
sorry the last arch is 6 (not 5)
Brachial Pouches Derivatives

Mnemonic: Brachial pouches "Makes Three Important Stuff" (MTIS)

M: Middle Ear, Eustachian tube
T: Tonsils
I: Inferior parathyroid (dorsal), Thymus (ventral)
S: Superior Parathyoid
What are the clotting factors in the final common pathway in the coagulation cascade?

Here's the answer

1x2x5=10

So your factors are 1, 2, 5, and 10
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »