Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAY 2: Embryology + Biochemistry/ DAY 10 - zen786
Vitamin E toxicity= easy bruising and bleeding
@smalik99....just imp enzymes..lyk rate limiting enzymes...their regulation n diseases
@geomerald i remeber frm some video...that vit e toxicity actually cause vit k deficiency
Drugs that are non-competitive inhibitors

Mnemonic: PAPAD... if u have eaten papad before u'll remember Smile

P: Phenoxybenzamine
A: Allopurinol
P: Proton pump Inhibitors
A: Aspirin
D: Digoxin
can some one post a link to understand purine and pyramidine synthesis
orotic aciduria occurs in two:

if it is associated with hyper-ammonemia : defective pathway is urea cycle and enzyme defeicient is OTC

if it is associated with megaloblastic anemia : defective pathway is pyramidine synthesis and enzyme defecient is UMP SYNTHASE ( orotic acid phosphoribosyl transferase or rootidine 5prime phosphate decarboxylase
chaperones assist in proper folding and transfer of polypeptide across ER to golgi
sunny30 i made a story on that ill get it for you right now: i posted it on the forum before too somewhere... but here it is :

BIG PICTURE :

dietary product consumed : --> Glycine [source = turkey, chicken, etc]
dietary product consumed : --> glutamine [ source = milk, yogurt, cheese, beef, etc]
dietary product consumed : --> aspartate [ source = fish, nuts, vegetables, etc]

after protein metabolism amino acids are absorbed for use. [the ones listed above and many other] but we shall discuss the use of the amino acids listed above.

De Novo Pyrimidine & Purine synthesis: Well we start of with Ribose 5 - phosphate [R5P]
... where does ribose 5 phosphate come from? well its from HMP SHUNT PATHWAY.. please read HMP SHUNT for further understanding and development of R5P.

R5P -> will eventually become PrPP via addition of salvage nucleosides* note i did not say nucleotides***
so R5P + Adenine + respective enzyme = AMP
etc etc for further http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoribo...ophosphate check chart***

now that we have R5P converted to PrPP that is still not enough for Pyrimidine synthesis yet it is enough for Purine synthesis to begin solo just via PrPP and respective enzymes....

Pyrimidine synthesis also requires OROTIC ACID. which requires Precursors known as Carbon dioxide, ATP [ source of ATP = mutliple] , Glutamine. these are the precursors for OROTIC ACID.... ofcourse for pyrimidine we also require aspartate but that will come after....

now that we have Orotic acid made + PrPP we can continue our cycle for pyrimidine synthesis and make UMP* uridine [other sources = tomatoes, sugarcane, beer, etc]

so continuation of pyrimidine synthesis: after we have UMP we need it to become UDP... after it becomes UDP it needs to become deoxy from oxy* so ribonucleotide reductase comes over and takes away a electron as this is a reduction enzyme ... a gaining enzyme ... making it dUDP and also from UDP you get CTP which eventually becomes cytidine.

now dUDP will not function in dna so after become dUMP + thymidylate synthase + Dihydrofolate reductase to make THF + SAM you will now have dTMP* allowing to make thymidine

here you have THYMIDINE & CYTIDINE

now back upto PrPP you will require all 3 amino acids listed above [ glycine, glutamine, aspartate + THF and + major enzyme = glutamine PrPP amidotransferase = ratelimiting to make IMP* [inosine monophosphate other source = flavor enchancer] which then plus IMP dehydrogenase + either aspartate or glutamine will give you either AMP or GMP

by this u have GUANOSINE & ADENOSINE

just remember Thymidine = Uracil in RNA Smile

hope this isn't too much this is the story i just made to remember and help me recall Smile goodluck everyone hope i didn't confuse anyone !!! if so please ask away & also if any errors please let me know Smile
thanx ZEN
thats gr8
i read 2 -3 articles on that still i used to forget the whole

enxymes involved in catabolism of AMP to uricd acid
1.ADA
2. a nucleotidase
3. nucleoside phosphorylase
4. xanthine oxidase

only guanine ( purine ) ring is excreted as uric acid
correct me if there is something wrong
Development of Brain

Primary vesicle--------------2ndary vesicle---------------adult derivatives

1.Prosencephalon-----------a)Telencephalon---------cerebral hemisphere, basal ganglia,
------------------------------------------------------hippocampus
----------------------------b) Diencephalon-------Epithalamus, thalamus, hypothalamus
------------------------------------------------------neurohypophysis, pineal gland,
------------------------------------------------------Optic nerve, mamillary bodies

2.Mesencephalon-----------Mesencephalon-----------Midbrain

3.Rhombencephalon-------a) Metencephalon--------- Pons and Cerebellum

---------------------------b) Myelencephalon--------- Medulla Oblongata
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »