MPH
GC HOLDER
STEP 1 =213, FIRST PASS
STEP 2= 216, FIRST PASS
STEP 3=200, FIRST PASS
CS= PASSED, FOURTH ATTEMPT
USCE= 6 WEEKS, COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
nope man...try for a research job and sneak into residency no chance in eras
I`ve matched already man, I just posted to show how some people are discouraging at times. The secret I got matched I guess I think I did good interview in acouple of invitations I got. So the bottom line is I would say no one tells you the chance but we people customerly post such things.
Hi ddt123,

I appreciate you sharing this information. Would you be so kind as to share your experience with us?
Often times we get posts from people who struggled with one or more components of the step and ask how they can overcome this obstacle. Since you've already been there done that and conquered.

Please share your experience and how you got there. It will be very helpful for everyone.
@pepp..... i'm confused as of 6/07/12 ddt123 had not matched, so this must be a recent happening.... wonders never end Wink
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=680384
@ddt123

I failed CS once, felt so sad and almost lost my hope. Your experience is really encouraging for me. Can you tell more details about what did you do to be well-prepared?

thanks
@ iowa

I am confused now too
@iowa in that case I probably would disregard his 2nd message and just reply to his first original post. Although I though he already asked about his chances in matching before.

I am happy to do so, and my problem was english fluency and that damaged my CS performance as you can see. So, first I got my english better through personally training myself and then I communicated programs which I felt that might be ok based on their criteria in their web site. Some did respond positive and suggested things like USCE. And once I did that I applied to programs which I felt I was ok to do so, and likely I got a couple of interviews and I performed well and matched to IM.
Also, it appears that from your post in 6/07/12 that you were still struggling to find a residency training position.
How were you able to secure your spot? Did you recently apply to programs that had spots open?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »