Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any prematch offer to anyone from NC - superb
hi all,

has anybody receive any prematch offer from any program in NC ???

anyone? any idea??

any information about carolina medical center. charlotte, nc or new hanover medical center, wilmington, nc???
both are community based programs. new hanover is partly affiliated with UNC chapel hill for electives..... CMC is not FMG friendly ( as per what I have been told)....... on the other hand, NHMC is FMG friendly and located in nice city.... if u r AMG you have better chance for cmc, if you are fmg you will have better chances at nhmc........... offcourse, Program should be interested in you too, otherwise no chances from anywhere even not in alaska........
Well... what are you applying for?
I interviewed at CMC for Family Practice and I loved it!
However, I prefer Internal Medicine and I got a prematch offer somewhere else... if not, CMC would be my first option with no doubt.
They don't offer prematch (I asked a couple of the residents) and it is true that every single one of them is AMG. Your english needs to be perfect to start with...
On my interview day it was me and another IMG and honestly I felt very welcome. I believe a lot of the IMGs go somewhere else because of other reasons (like me - prematch, or prefer another city).
Charlotte is a very nice city, very well taken care of, not too cold and not too hot. Like I said, it would be my first choice in Family if I didn't prefer Internal Medicine... and I do believe I could match there. I got a very nice and friendly letter from the the PD and associate PD after my interview, mentioning specific details about me and my interview (my point is... it was not a standard letter).
Well, of course it is totally up to you, but I still think sometimes if I should have gone for the match to try to go there, but I plan on doing fellowship later and only Internal Medicine will let me do what I want.
Wish you the best luck!
thanks so much raja & pf,

did any of you guys got prematch in NC???

pf,

I want to do fellowship also and that is the reason I have applied to internal medicine only. I had applied to CMC for internal medicine but was not selected for interview. I agree with you, charlotte is a nice city to live in and so is wilmington.

no, I am not offered prematch from anywhere so far.....
i had my interiviews in cmc for fp as well as at nhmc for IM.......... cmc interview was not good, so not hoping for that...... but looking forward to NHMC.......... have to received any communication from them so far.........

if they offer prematch, when we can expect their call? anybody has any idea about it???
no prematch from nc to anyone????? r u serious????????????
2bhappy-when was your interview in NHMC, have you heard anything from them?
my was on 11/4/2005.. what about you?

I have heard any thing other than formal reply from PD to my thank you letter...

did you get any news/reply from the program???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »