Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matching Algorithm question - startrack
I am now mentally preparing myself for the next step i.e. NRMP match. And would like to understand this matching process. If say, there are 3 programs I am interested to rank.
Program 1 has quota of 4; Program 2 has quota of 2; Program 3 has quota of 2
Candidate A ranked Program 1 has his #1 choice and Prog2 has # 2 choice and Program 3 has his # 3 choice. But all programs have ranked candidate A lower then candidate B. Candidate B has ranked all the above 3 programs lower in his list so who would get matched to programs Candidate A or Candidate B.
My guess: if candidate B gets matched in his premier choices, candidate A gets in the programs.
Thanks for your input. For logic sake lets think, Candidate B has rankend the programs high where he has not been ranked high and ranked programs low where he has been ranked high. Then whose choice would be considred by the NRMP match process. Candidate or the programs. Thats what I want to understand.
If candidate B didn't get match in his premier choices and this candidate has been ranked better than candidate A...then, candidate B gets matched.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »