Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to yazen,buddy i m almost in the same boat as u - dadehar2003
i got married in usa to a american born but of my ethnicity,2 yrs ago and i came here 21 months back.from the 1st day itself,she maltreated me,played with emotions and most of all she didnt understood the meaning of marriage at all and always treated me as a stranger.i remained quiet thinkin ,maybe she ll mature or change, but things just went from bad to worse to the point that she didnt speak with me for last 1 yr .during this period i was prep for the steps and it was one hell of a period for me to concentrate.but i remained quiet as i come from relegious background and had the notion that marrige is for a lifetime and divorce is like cheatin on GOD.AND NOW IN BETWEEN THE TENSION OF MATCH,SHE TOLD HER PARENTS THAT SHE NEEDED DIVORCE FOR ME.IT WAS A BIG HEARTBREAK FOR ME AS I VE NOT EXPECTED SUCH A THING AT THIS TIME AND HOPING FOR THE BEST.and to add to it i m a conditional gc holder. i m so depressed and confused and dont know wat to do.also my in laws in whose house i live had told me to move out.i dont ve any relative in usa but ve afrnd in new york, so i m thinkin of moving there and work there, but my future in usa is uncertain for now. see yazen, i m in worse condition than u.i think i got married to severe case of a ABCD.
hey guys, i simply dont understand why u people marry before u get settled professionally (atleast financially independent) ? This is for both the sexes. Marriage itself is a huge stressor- adjustments, committments.... And if the male doesnot earn, (ESP in cultures where husband is regarded the main bread earner ) yr egos hurt..u get depressed...so whats the point?
Moral of the story: dont be hasty, marry once u r into yr residency n can call the shots (which u love to!)
one of my friend went tru the same,,,,,,,,,,,u can consult a lawyer ,,,,,,,stating the abuse,,,they can guide you,,,but if u get a divorce,,,and then consult an immigration lawyer,,,then its difficult,,so my advice is to see an immigration lawyer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my friend already have a greencard,,,,,,,,,,he went tru the same
WAT U SAID NEK IS OK BUT FROM MY RELIGION WHAT I KNOW IS THAT MARRIAGE AND AT THE UTMOST OUR DESTINY IS MADE BY THE GOD .EVERYTHING IS IN HANDS.U CANT CHANGE UR DESTINY,THATS WAT I KNOW .ONE CAN EXPERIENCE IT WHEN ONLY THIS THING FALLS O A PERSON. BUT THIS TYPE OF THINGS DO TEACH U THAT U R HUMAN AND THERE IS A SUPERPOWER WHO MAKES TO RULES AND U CANT DO ANYTHING EVEN IF U WANT DO SOMETHIN , AS IN MY CASE, I WANTED THE MARRIAGE TO CONTINUE BUT I M POWERLESS AS THE OTHER PERSON DONT WANT IT.AND NOW I VE TO RESIGN TO MY FATE AND ANYWAYS WHEN ONE GET MARRIED IN OUR COUNTRY ATLEAST, HE THINKS IT FOR A LIFETIME NOT LIKE HERE WHERE MARRIAGES ARE SHORT LIVED AND THATS WHY IT DOESNT MATTER FOR THE PEOPLE BORN HERE WHO MAYBE OF UR RELIGION. BUT HE HURTS ME MORE COMIN FROM MORE TRADITIONAL AND CULTURAL VALUES. I M SHOCKED THATS WHAT I VE TO SAY. I M IN DENIAL AT THIS MOMENT AND I DONT THINK FOR HOW MUCH TIME I LL REMAIN IN THAT AND TO ADD TO THAT THIS YR S MATCH TENSION. I PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE MY STRENGTH TO COME THRU ALL THIS.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION MEHBA , BUT AT THIS TIME I M VERY DEPRESSED.IT LL TAKE SOME TIME TO COME OUT OF THIS DENIAL AND THAN I LL FOLLOW UR ADVICE.THANKS
I come from a similar cultural background. I understand what u mean. I am sure the situation would change soon...n God would be kind..u'll match at a good place n b happy...
dadear,
it takes couple of years to settle down your life with the person you married this way, so do not runaway from youur fate, fight for your principles, bec if you do it once you'll do it again.
yazen,
i understand it buddy.but i ve been married for 2 yrs now and there s no sort of relationship at all.still i was there . i m not running , my wife has backed out,she says she dont want it to continue and as i live in my in laws place, they ve suggested me to move out.wat i m supposed to do ,stay put and bear more of the mental torture, i only know wat mental torture i ve been thru when nobody in the house talk to u.

nek, thank u v much for gthe best wishes.ya once residency statrs, we can get over it
my in laws support my wife views and they say there s no more hope on their side too .so they told me , its all over
hey......Is that true???????????????????????????? Just read.............................
cannt believe.....................
will call u tomorrow
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »