2.Rosalind Franklin Chicago, IL
3.St francis evanston, IL
4.University of south dakota
5.St vincent, worcester, MA
6.JHU/Sinai, MD
Thanks pier............
Anyone else..please explain
Is St vincent better than JHU/sinai?
From your rank list those 2 belong at the bottom........your call which of the 2 you wanna put at the bottom.
Is St Vincent in Worcester a bad program???
Poor research,only J1 visa,no case diversity,small community hospital, financial problems,all IMGs, not so good track record for fellowship placement,very bad teaching,no free parking,expensive city........what did you really like about St Vincent Hospital (except for maybe the atrium??)
Oh yeah I liked the Atrium,, nice lobby for a hospital..
I really don' know the track record of the program because I don't know anyone from the program. Duting my interview everybody were nice but I guess its only superficial.
Well I'm not sure who you met but the Assoc. PD is very moody and rude and its not just me but quite a few of candidates who interviewed with him had a bad time. And during the noon conference one of the chief resident shouted out loudly at everyone becoz they were 'noisy' as they were taking their lunch. So I didn;t like that as well.
i also felt that the assoc pd was moody, may b even rude. but apart from that i felt the prog was competitive. the PD said their fellowships placement was high.
I checked with my friend who is a resident at St Vincent worcester.........this year 3/15 got into fellowship.Its got to do with poor research.Other fellowship placement are chief residents(but I wouldn't really call that as a true record of fellowship placement since not everyone does chief residency!......their former cheif resident got only Endocrinology as what my friend says.....so she didnt take it and is a hospitalist now, thats so sad!) I wouldn't really call. The PD lies(as what I've been told and read), I wouldn't take his word for it.Did he specifically tell you how many and in which field this year their residents got fellowship......I'm sure he must have just said it generally without any details.....am I right?
I didn;t interview there becoz I don't want J1 visa but my friend is in the program so thats how I know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »