Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statement of need for J1 from USA - roxy

a) Though the Consulate, New York website ( http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showNewsDet...?newsid=49&linkid=3670 )

displays that we can get the Statement of need from USA (last year, one of my friend got his DS 2019 while in USA), but when I spoke to the person in-charge of education

MR. RABINDRA NATH PANDA
CONSUL (EDUCATION & CULTURE)
Tel: (212)774 0627 - FaxSad212)879 7914

then he asked me to call the people in Washington D.C. and check with them. I have been trying to reach the people at

Embassy of India, Washington D.C. ( http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/passport&visa.asp ) to check if they will issue a Statement of need this time, but I am not able to get a hold of them.

Do you have any input if they are doing this time? If yes, then what is the time frame to get the statement of need
from the people at Washington D.C.?

b) After we submit all the documents to ECFMG, how much time does it take to get the DS2019?

Anyone with reply? Plz help.
what is this statement of need? I've been seeing this quite a few times in the forum. Can somebody pls clarify? Do everyone doing residency in the US need this?
It is for those who join residency on J-1 visa. J-1 visa by definition is an Exchange visa and for ECFMG to sponsor you J-1 visa they need a letter from the ministry of health of your home country that your country needs physicians trained in USA in that particular sprcialty and that this physician will go back once he/she completed the training in USA....It is not required for H-1 b/c it isimmigration visa
thanks response. I am beginning to think i'll be having a problem obtaining that. I was born and raised in a country but i remain a citizen of the country where my grandparents came from. So i dont know from which country am i gonna get the statement.
to catalina

you have to get the statement of need from the country of most recent legal permanent residence, regardless of citizenship.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »