Please help me with my situation:

I have 5 interviews and I would like to rank them like the following:

1- Advanced- Diagnostic Radiology for 2007
2- IM Category
3- IM Prelim
4- Family Medicine
5- Family Medicine

My quesions are:

A- If I match in Radiology, but I dont Match in Prelim. Then I have to scramble for Prelm, and who knows if I can get it or not, Then I will loose the other choices I have, RIGHT? Sad

B- If I match in IM Prelim, is it easy to get PGY-2 Postion in IM after a year or not?

I am really confused and need any suggestion.

Thanks Smile
the question is not what you can get the question is what do you want.
if you match into radiology for PG Y 2 and if you dont match into PGY1 prelim medicine, i think your PD of Radiology can help you a lot in getting some unfilled Prelim Medicine spots using his/her influence. I dont think it should be a big problem, also you can scramble for Prelim surgery spots which are relatively easy to get as almost half of them remain unfilled in the match. Hope that answers your question. All the best for the match
I really want to keep The Radiology on the first , but on the other hand I want secure a postion in 2006, so if you think The PD of Radiology would help me, or if I match with advanced program its easy to get a year in surgery. I would do that but would you do that if you were in my shoes? I mean do you take this risk ? any more sugesttion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »