Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help...please...!!!!! - vmg
i am an IMG and am going to apply for the 2007 match. i am going to take step 2cs soon... done with step 1 and 2. can anyone please advice me with regards to observership prog's. i live in dallas and found out that none of the teaching hosp's accept observership prog's. i know it's possible if u have contacts.... but i don't know anyone in U.S. i am interested in opthalmology... yes!!!! i know that's impossible for IMG's.... but can anyone please help me out. please..... i need advice. can anyone tell me how to go about with asking for observership prog's. i don't mind doing research prog's.... but i read in this forum somewhere that observership is better preferred than research.... not that i have any research prog. in hand. i'm just confused..... i wish i knew someone to help me out. any advice is highly appreciated..... thank you in advance....
can anyone please help me!!!!!!!!! thank you in advance............
i know one img who got ophthal at massachusetts eye and ear... it got above 95 on both steps and did about 2 yrs research (he went to AKU in pakistan; yes i do have pakistani friends as well)... if there is anyone you know (whether it is first, second or beyond degree), try those channels.. and also try to email all the PDs and see if you can get an observership.. research and observerships are both important (well, it was for me to get neurology)... observerships here get you LORs.. research shows you enthusiasm in a field.. you can also get LORs there as well... for ophthal, you need research and observership.. observership alone will not be enough since you are an IMG.. hope this helps... GL....
thank you so much.... all the best to u...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »