Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introducing yourself to pd after sgining prematch - intel
I was interwied by asso pd ans offered prematch by hime which I accepted. Program co-ordinator asked me if I ever spoke to pd and I said no and she said usually he likes to call all candidates but it would be better if u call and introduce urself. My question is I singed prematch in jan should I call now or wait till match results are out. Also what should I say to pd? How to introduce urself? Please help I am very tense. I feel am I too late in introducing myself to pd ? Should I have called him immediately after signing the contract?
If you are too scared to call then write an e-mail first.
Otherwise just say you are so-and-so interviewed on whatever date, interviewed with whomever and you really liked the program and would like to thank the PD for the pre-match opportunity. Just 'lie' that you had called earlier a few times but he was not in his office.......so apologize for the general delay. End up by praising the program(1-2 relevant points you liked)and that you look forward to starting the residency this July.Thank the PD and end of story!Don;t worry he/she wont eat you alive over the phone!
Go ahead and call todaySmile
You can say something like: My name is ..., I accepted and signed a pre-match from your progam and I am calling to let you know that I am happy to start working at your place.
Sorry that I call that late but I wasn't sure about the procedings.

By that time let him talk, he might ask you something about your home country, whatever.

You can even ask if it's possible to start before July. Some programs have a bit of a play as to when folks can start working.

Relax. He won't judge you, he has to "befriend" you too, because you will work there for the next couple of yearsSmile
I was offered prematch by ass.pd. and I got my contract as well. I have not spoken to PD as i don't have their direct email id's or phone#. everything shoul go through PC. Do I need to talk to pD now or it is better to keep quiet.
yeh i think u shud as it wont harm u atkeast..plz where u got prematch?its full name?
thanks a lot thor and neh05 for taking time to answer my question. I already sent him email yesterday and today I called the pc and she has set up an appointment in person with the pd for next week.
sh9 if ur pc told u that it would be a good idea to introduce urself than definately call her back otherwise its upto u to intiate or not intiate the process.
intel
don't be encouraged to lie or lick boots, ever. beside you already got the position, your e-mail should sound something like
am so happy and excited (if you realy are)
thank you so much for the opportunity (always)
when can or should i start.

GL
Thankyou columbus for taking time to contribute to the forum. I am thankful to everyone who takes time to help others to their best.
where did you get prematch
ny medical college sound shore
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »