Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interview schedule in February - arrowmates
Since programs start compiling their ROL from Jan 15th, is it detrimental to schedule an interesting in 1st week of February or should I change the date to sometime in January?
Any good suggestions will be appreciatedSmile
Jan 15 is the date when programs can begin uploading their ROLs to NRMP, it is not the date they start compiling them. Often it is a rolling process where they IV a bunch of people, rank them, IV the next batch, place them in that rank list, and continue adding to the rank list until they finish all the IVs.

I would not be concerned about the Feb date. They would not waste their time, money, effort, if they were not interested in you.
I personally don't think a program would bother with interviewing more applicants if their ROL is done. I wouldn't worry too much if I were in your position.
Thanks a lot both of you......merry Xmas too
@arrowmate
Some competitive specialities iv only till Dec, so they can upload their ROL by 15 Jan.

Which is why I was concerned with a 30Jan iv in my chosen speciality where ivs generally finish by mid-Jan.

If you are being called for an iv in Feb - means that Programme will be uploading their list after all interviews are over - closer to the deadline.
organizing interviews is time consuming. programs dont schedule interviews for the fun of it. However some of the faculty may have burned out in february and are tired listening to applicants repeating the same. I ay if it is a program on top of your list schedule it earlier. However if u dont have an option....just make sure u show a lot of energy and interest when u interview. In february most applicants are burn out too
Thanks guys.....i guess you are right, they wouldn't waste money & time hosting dinner and interview if slots were already filled. ............its a good Uni. program in Illinois so i will definitely put in my best!
Gluck
Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »